-   -   Spacewalk client tools inclusion (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/264470-spacewalk-client-tools-inclusion.html)

Patrice Guay 03-16-2009 10:41 PM

Justin Sherrill wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm working on getting the rhn-client tools (that have traditionally
> been not included in centos) into the distro so it can be used with
> spacewalk more easily and invite any of those interested to help. Since
> 5.3 has already been released, we're targeting to include it in extras
> for now.

I am currently using the rhn-client tools from the yum repository at
http://stahnma.fedorapeople.org/spacewalk-tools/5/$basearch for my
spacewalk clients. What is the difference between this repository and
your project?

> I figured a meeting would be good for interested parties to discuss what
> needs to be done and to divvy up the tasks. How about next Wednesday
> (3/25) at 21:00 GMT (5:00 pm EST).

I'm interested. Are we going to use the centos-devel IRC channel to meet?

--
Patrice Guay

Justin Sherrill 03-16-2009 11:05 PM

Patrice Guay wrote:
> Justin Sherrill wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm working on getting the rhn-client tools (that have traditionally
>> been not included in centos) into the distro so it can be used with
>> spacewalk more easily and invite any of those interested to help. Since
>> 5.3 has already been released, we're targeting to include it in extras
>> for now.
>>

> I am currently using the rhn-client tools from the yum repository at
> http://stahnma.fedorapeople.org/spacewalk-tools/5/$basearch for my
> spacewalk clients. What is the difference between this repository and
> your project?

That repo was built by Michael for the client packages to reside and I'm
very happy that he did that :}. I'm not sure if he plans on updating it
as releases move forward (as I understood it it was a temporary
solution), but I figured it's best to have those packages in CentOs
directly, especially the tools needed for registration and updating
(since the are directly in RHEL).

Basically this project will take all of those packages and get them into
CentOs Proper, pulling from the latest RHEL release just as CentOs does
with all of it's core packages.

Hopefully Micheal will be able to contribute to this as well :}

>> I figured a meeting would be good for interested parties to discuss what
>> needs to be done and to divvy up the tasks. How about next Wednesday
>> (3/25) at 21:00 GMT (5:00 pm EST).
>
> I'm interested. Are we going to use the centos-devel IRC channel to meet?

Yes, #centos-devel

> --
> Patrice Guay

Justin Sherrill, RHCA 1801 Varisty Drive.
Software Engineer Raleigh, NC 27603
Red Hat, Inc.