Old 03-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Scott Silva

Default Automatic RPM dependencies based on egg metadata

on 3-13-2009 1:39 AM Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) spake the following:
> Based on my earlier work, it brings me much pleasure to contribute the
> attached patch (which requires the earlier, lexicographical-order patch
> to be applied first). The following attached file makes distutils
> automatically add dependencies to the Requires: field in the RPM spec
> file, if the egg metadata specifies any primary dependency.
>

> With this patch, it is no longer needed to manually specify your
> dependencies in both setup.cfg and requires.txt. DRY FTW!
>

> regards,
> --

I am not taking sides on this issue, but you would probably get farther with
this if you submit the patches upstream. CentOS doesn't do a lot of patching
to upstream code unless it is necessary for the build process.

If you get this past RedHat, it will flow down to CentOS. That is the path you
would need to follow.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and