-   -   sqlite enabled repodata (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/261976-sqlite-enabled-repodata.html)

David Hrbáč 03-12-2009 01:38 PM

sqlite enabled repodata

Hi,
within the update to 5.3 I guess it would be interesting to provide
sqlite enabled repos. yum-3.2.19-18.el5.centos is prepared for that.
Regards,
David Hrbáč

Seth Vidal 03-12-2009 01:40 PM

sqlite enabled repodata

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, David Hrbáč wrote:

Hi,
within the update to 5.3 I guess it would be interesting to provide
sqlite enabled repos. yum-3.2.19-18.el5.centos is prepared for that.

+1

all the yum developers think this is a good idea.

-sv

Ralph Angenendt 03-12-2009 01:57 PM

sqlite enabled repodata

Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, David Hrbáč wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> within the update to 5.3 I guess it would be interesting to provide
>> sqlite enabled repos. yum-3.2.19-18.el5.centos is prepared for that.
>
> +1
>
> all the yum developers think this is a good idea.

AFAIK this is planned. Karanbir: Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Cheers,

Ralph

David Hrbáč 03-12-2009 02:05 PM

sqlite enabled repodata

Seth Vidal napsal(a):
>> sqlite enabled repos. yum-3.2.19-18.el5.centos is prepared for that.
>
> +1
>
> all the yum developers think this is a good idea.
>
> -sv

I should have written yum-3.2.8-9.el5.centos.2.1.
DH

James Antill 03-12-2009 02:38 PM

sqlite enabled repodata

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 15:57 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Seth Vidal wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, David Hrbáč wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> within the update to 5.3 I guess it would be interesting to provide
> >> sqlite enabled repos. yum-3.2.19-18.el5.centos is prepared for that.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > all the yum developers think this is a good idea.
>
> AFAIK this is planned. Karanbir: Correct me if I'm wrong :)

AFAIK the only problem is that the repos. are created on CentOS-4, so
createrepo with support for this doesn't work. Seth did the following
code:

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/makerepodb.py

...but that needs integrating into your repo. creation scripts.

--
James Antill <james@fedoraproject.org>
Fedora

Seth Vidal 03-12-2009 02:39 PM

sqlite enabled repodata

within the update to 5.3 I guess it would be interesting to provide
sqlite enabled repos. yum-3.2.19-18.el5.centos is prepared for that.

+1

all the yum developers think this is a good idea.

AFAIK this is planned. Karanbir: Correct me if I'm wrong :)

AFAIK the only problem is that the repos. are created on CentOS-4, so
createrepo with support for this doesn't work. Seth did the following
code:

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/makerepodb.py

...but that needs integrating into your repo. creation scripts.

And it will only work properly if the version of yum-metadata-parser is
current.

-sv

Ralph Angenendt 03-12-2009 02:44 PM

sqlite enabled repodata

James Antill wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 15:57 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> AFAIK this is planned. Karanbir: Correct me if I'm wrong :)
>
> AFAIK the only problem is that the repos. are created on CentOS-4, so
> createrepo with support for this doesn't work.

Ummm. You seem to know more than me, then >:)

<http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/i386/repodata/> - sqlite repos
are already in place for the testing repository.

Cheers,

Ralph

David Hrbáč 03-12-2009 03:36 PM

sqlite enabled repodata

James Antill napsal(a):
> AFAIK the only problem is that the repos. are created on CentOS-4, so
> createrepo with support for this doesn't work. Seth did the following
> code:
>
> http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/makerepodb.py
>
> ...but that needs integrating into your repo. creation scripts.

James,
backporting yum and createrepo works too.

[root@webmel4 ~]# rpm -qa | grep -P 'yum-|createrepo-' | sort
createrepo-0.4.11-3.el4.hrb
yum-3.2.8-9.el4.hrb.2.1.3
yum-fastestmirror-1.1.10-9.el4.hrb.1
yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2-2.el4.hrb
yum-utils-1.1.10-9.el4.hrb.1

Createrepo creates :o) both xml and slite files. But I guess that this
is not the way for Centos infrastructure to go.
DH