Old 03-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Paulo Martinez

Default Feedback / Centos Testing and CentOS Extras

Hi Devel,

just to communicate. php from c5-testing is working so far:

rpm -qa |grep php
php-soap-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-gd-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-ldap-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-common-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-cli-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-bcmath-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-xml-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-mbstring-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-pear-Auth-SASL-1.0.2-4.el5.centos
php-imap-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-pear-1.4.9-4.el5.1
php-pdo-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-dba-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-mysql-5.2.6-2.el5s2
php-xmlrpc-5.2.6-2.el5s2

At time of installation with:

yum --enablerepo=c5-testing update php

There were no dependencies errors from php packages
of extras repo like php-mcrypt but they should because
the of the changed AP-Interface for php-modules.
Anyway, the installation/upgrade runs flawless.

In my environment there were following packages of extras repo

php-mcrypt
php-mhash
php-pecl-Fileinfo

Deleting this php-modules resolves this (issue of starting httpd):

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: fileinfo: Unable to initialize module
Module
compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP
compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These
options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mcrypt: Unable to initialize module
Module
compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP
compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These
options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mhash: Unable to initialize module
Module
compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP
compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These
options need to match
in Unknown on line 0

I am sure all extra-repo packages

php-*
php-pecl*

have to be touched to run also with centosplus candidate php 5.2.x

---

i had php-eaccelerator installed and now removed. I will recompile it
in the next days. I wonder, CentOSPlus/CentOSWebStack for Centos 4 have
php-eaccelerator. What do you think about a package for Centos 5?

For now - thank you.

Best Regards

P.M.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Paulo Martinez

- Sorry for double posting. The Archive was not including my post. -
- For the sake of them, which only read through the archive. -