-   -   Program about installing Driver Disk on CentOS 5.2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/255260-program-about-installing-driver-disk-centos-5-2-a.html)

Kevin Huang (黃凱文) 03-02-2009 06:03 AM

Program about installing Driver Disk on CentOS 5.2

Do any one can help me to solve the following
question?

*

I write a PCI IDE driver. It can work on CentOS 5.2 by
using command "insmod". (The devices on the system appear as /dev/sda
and /dev/sdb ...)

*

Now i hope that it can work at installing CentOS 5.2.

I create a Driver Disk image by using the ddiskit.
When Booting from CD, i type "linux dd" and load the image.

It load fail, then I try to find the installing log.

Finally, I get a message "disagrees about version
of symbo struct_module".

*

There are some information on my system:

I use the CD CentOS 5.2 to install my sytem. kernel
version 2.6.18-92.el5xen.

I write the PCI IDE Driver on this system and built
it, then it can work on the system.

On the Installing process, the isolinux (CentOS 5.2)
run at kernel version 2.6.18-92.el5

*

Sincerely Yours,

*

RDC Semiconductor Co., Ltd.

*

*

*

Hugo van der Kooij 03-08-2009 08:20 AM

Program about installing Driver Disk on CentOS 5.2