Old 02-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Brandon Davidson

Default CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Hi Tim,

I know that we're still kind of in the middle of 5.3 testing, but I thought that
I'd pop this back to the top so that perhaps it can find some time between 5.3
and whatever comes up next for QA.

I think the consensus was that the DS builds all work well - everything seems to
be stable, and with the exception of a few minor install-time items that could
be reported to upstream and/or fixed in CentOS packages, it's pretty much ready
to go. I believe there were some legal questions about the Java bits that were
never satisfactorily answered, but that OpenJDK was a possible solution?

There's also the issue of the IPA packages:
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/RHEIPA/SRPMS/

Last I heard, you were going to attempt to get these built, but were hoping for
some help with repackaging/branding checks. Did that ever go anywhere? If
someone can give me some direction or something to work on, I'd be glad to put
some time into it.

Regards,

-Brandon

Old 02-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Jean-Marc LIGER

Brandon Davidson a écrit :
> Hi Tim,
>
> I know that we're still kind of in the middle of 5.3 testing, but I thought that
> I'd pop this back to the top so that perhaps it can find some time between 5.3
> and whatever comes up next for QA.
>
> I think the consensus was that the DS builds all work well - everything seems to
> be stable, and with the exception of a few minor install-time items that could
> be reported to upstream and/or fixed in CentOS packages, it's pretty much ready
> to go.

CentOS DS is also stable for us in production environment. So It'd be
fine to add it in the next CentOS 5.3 release.

> I believe there were some legal questions about the Java bits that were
> never satisfactorily answered, but that OpenJDK was a possible solution?

This part should be solved, as OpenJDK is now officialy part of RHL 5.3 :-)

Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Karanbir Singh

Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>> I believe there were some legal questions about the Java bits that were
>> never satisfactorily answered, but that OpenJDK was a possible solution?
> This part should be solved, as OpenJDK is now officialy part of RHL 5.3 :-)

The present CentOS-DS was built on a different OpenJDK stack, so it
would atleast need a rebuilt.

- KB

Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Jean-Marc LIGER

Karanbir Singh a écrit :
> Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>
>>> I believe there were some legal questions about the Java bits that were
>>> never satisfactorily answered, but that OpenJDK was a possible solution?
>>>
>> This part should be solved, as OpenJDK is now officialy part of RHL 5.3 :-)
>>

> The present CentOS-DS was built on a different OpenJDK stack, so it
> would atleast need a rebuilt.

You're absolutly right ; although we use it with last OpenJDK from Epel
without any problems.