Old 02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
"Rob Lupo"

Default Help with Live CD.

I need to make a Live CD with custom tools to use in our lab. I'm having a
problem with adding application to the centOS Live CD scripts.

We are using centOS 5.2 and I have done everything on the live cd site like
getting the creation toolset,
Creating a livecd image etc. All work. We need to add applications and would
like to change the default background to identify what tool set is running
on a system.

I have done modification to the kickstart config file, but still having an
issue with installed applications showing up on the ISO.

Im sure this has been covered before, but if someone could help by pointing
me in the correct direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert J. Lupo
CISSP, CEH, ELSA
Manager, Testing Services
The Security Consortium, Inc.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Patrice Guay

Rob Lupo wrote:
> I need to make a Live CD with custom tools to use in our lab. I'm having a
> problem with adding application to the centOS Live CD scripts.
>
> We need to add applications and would
> like to change the default background to identify what tool set is running
> on a system.
>
> I have done modification to the kickstart config file, but still having an
> issue with installed applications showing up on the ISO.

Where do you get your application packages? Do you use your own yum
repository to fetch them?

If you could send the relevant parts of your kickstart config file, I
could help you with this issue.

--
Patrice Guay
patrice.guay@nanotechnologies.qc.ca

Old 02-17-2009, 05:20 PM
David Hrbáč

Rob Lupo napsal(a):
> I need to make a Live CD with custom tools to use in our lab. I'm having a
> problem with adding application to the centOS Live CD scripts.
>
> We are using centOS 5.2 and I have done everything on the live cd site like
> getting the creation toolset,
> Creating a livecd image etc. All work. We need to add applications and would
> like to change the default background to identify what tool set is running
> on a system.
>
> I have done modification to the kickstart config file, but still having an
> issue with installed applications showing up on the ISO.
>
> Im sure this has been covered before, but if someone could help by pointing
> me in the correct direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

Look for the Revisor app.
David Hrbáč