Old 02-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Axel Thimm

Default CentOS 5.3 ETA?

Hi,

just a question on whether there is a known ETA for it. The reason I'm
asking is that I accidentially removed some 5.2. kernel support from
ATrpms (not for the 5.2 plus kernels, just the vendor ones) and if
5.3 would take longer I would rebuild the erased bits. Otherwise I
would ask the users to wait for a couple of days.

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Old 02-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Fabian Arrotin

Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a question on whether there is a known ETA for it. The reason I'm
> asking is that I accidentially removed some 5.2. kernel support from
> ATrpms (not for the 5.2 plus kernels, just the vendor ones) and if
> 5.3 would take longer I would rebuild the erased bits. Otherwise I
> would ask the users to wait for a couple of days.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Axel,

There is still no ETA because QA has not yet started (packages were not
pushed to the QA tree). We're still waiting for Karanbir to come back
from his honeymoon and/or Johnny to reappear ... so maybe you'd better
continue providing support for the 5.2 kernels. But it's up to you of
course ;-)

Fabian Arrotin
idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain` ; test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init
6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh