Old 02-06-2009, 07:25 AM
John Summerfield

Default Spammer: Did we shut him down?

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 2-5-2009 4:47 AM John Summerfield spake the following:

>>> Bored? Click on http://spamornot.org/ and rate those images.
>> 1,
>> I get quite a few of those, at another address. It's sent "from" me.
>>
>> 2.
>> There's nothing to prevent anyone from subcsribing to this list and
>> harvesting addresses of all contributors.
>>
>> 3.
>> Before implementing SPF, google for and join some antispam lists. I did
>> so, and the consensus on one of them was that SPF isn't a good answer.
>> CSV was regarded as preferable.
>
> A consensus of one?

A consensus of those on the particular list. Just reading it was enough
for me.

Do some research.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

Old 02-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Jerry Amundson

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 2:25 AM, John Summerfield
<debian@herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> on 2-5-2009 4:47 AM John Summerfield spake the following:

>>> 1,
>>> I get quite a few of those, at another address. It's sent "from" me.
>>>
>>> 2.
>>> There's nothing to prevent anyone from subcsribing to this list and
>>> harvesting addresses of all contributors.
>>>
>>> 3.
>>> Before implementing SPF, google for and join some antispam lists. I did
>>> so, and the consensus on one of them was that SPF isn't a good answer.
>>> CSV was regarded as preferable.
>>
>> A consensus of one?
>
> A consensus of those on the particular list. Just reading it was enough
> for me.
>
> Do some research.

That's just rude.
Spam prevention isn't a battle, it's a war, and SPF *is* a viable
weapon in spite of your bias against it. I *have* done the research,
not that it's any business of yours. As admin of mail servers for a
couple high-profile domain names, I see all the tricks spammers use,
and thus need all possible tools to use against them.
But, being off topic, this is it from me.

jerry