Old 01-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default Google's SoC 2009

hi,

Is there anyone who would like to take ownership of a CentOS effort into
GSoC ? Its something we have often thought about ( I have anyway ), but
time restrictions have meant that nothing has happened on this front in
many years.

Here is what I am expecting :

- Someone who can research and work out whats involved, document it
somewhere ( wiki perhaps ? )
- Lead the CentOS pitch to google, hopefully pushing through to us
getting accepted into the scheme. If that happens then :
- Organise wish lists, prioritise what projects we are looking at
- Organise the 'student' pool
- Organise the 'mentor' pool
- Be *the* GSoC-CentOS person.

No idea how much time this is going to take, but it should be safe to
assume its going to be a few hours/week commitment. And its going to be
over a significant portion of the year.

Anyone ?

* I dont mind if more than 1 person wants to take this on as a team.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Bill Scheel

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi,
>
> Is there anyone who would like to take ownership of a CentOS effort into
> GSoC ? Its something we have often thought about ( I have anyway ), but
> time restrictions have meant that nothing has happened on this front in
> many years.
>
> Here is what I am expecting :
>
> - Someone who can research and work out whats involved, document it
> somewhere ( wiki perhaps ? )
> - Lead the CentOS pitch to google, hopefully pushing through to us
> getting accepted into the scheme. If that happens then :
> - Organise wish lists, prioritise what projects we are looking at
> - Organise the 'student' pool
> - Organise the 'mentor' pool
> - Be *the* GSoC-CentOS person.
>

> No idea how much time this is going to take, but it should be safe to
> assume its going to be a few hours/week commitment. And its going to be
> over a significant portion of the year.
>
> Anyone ?
>
> * I dont mind if more than 1 person wants to take this on as a team.

I will throw my hat into the ring.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Karanbir Singh

hi,

Bill Scheel wrote:
>> Is there anyone who would like to take ownership of a CentOS effort into
>> GSoC ?
> I will throw my hat into the ring.

cool! you'r it now. Let me know if you need anything