Old 12-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default Rebuild xorg

Alain PORTAL wrote:
> Why?
> It seems to me meanful.
> X server don't find xorg.conf, so, it build one in the fly

This conversation is very offtopic here, please take it to the
centos@centos.org list. There is no centos development related issue
here at all.

--
Karanbir Singh
CentOS Project { http://www.centos.org/ }

Old 12-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Matej Cepl

On 2008-12-22, 21:56 GMT, Alain PORTAL wrote:
>> I talked with Dave Airlie about this and his conclusion was
>> that
>> most likely RHEL/CentOS 5.2 won't work with your card, but 5.3
>> should. If you are willing to try Beta, then it should be
>> available from
>> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/beta/RHEL5.3/
>
> Yes, of course, but how do I do to install?

I am sorry, silly me, I have never dealt with our public beta
offerings (of course, having access to the internal servers,
I haven't needed to), so I didn't even know, that this beta is
not public.

Sorry,

Matěj

Old 12-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Karanbir Singh

Matej Cepl wrote:
> I am sorry, silly me, I have never dealt with our public beta
> offerings (of course, having access to the internal servers,
> I haven't needed to), so I didn't even know, that this beta is
> not public.

( this is not personally about you or something for you - but a more
general statement about policy as it exists these days )

Since the beta is not available, the product is, in this case,
potentially loosing a willing and motivated tester :/

But, thanks for looking into centos-devel list.

- KB

Old 12-23-2008, 03:21 PM
"Jerry Amundson"

On 12/23/08, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> Matej Cepl wrote:
>> I am sorry, silly me, I have never dealt with our public beta
>> offerings (of course, having access to the internal servers,
>> I haven't needed to), so I didn't even know, that this beta is
>> not public.
>
> ( this is not personally about you or something for you - but a more
> general statement about policy as it exists these days )
>
> Since the beta is not available, the product is, in this case,
> potentially loosing a willing and motivated tester :/

I'd go so far as stating *is* loosing *many* testers.

> But, thanks for looking into centos-devel list.

ditto.

jerry

--
To be named later.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Matej Cepl

On 2008-12-23, 16:06 GMT, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Since the beta is not available, the product is, in this case,
> potentially loosing a willing and motivated tester :/

Unfortunately, I have no say in deciding what is public and what
isn't

End of the off-topic thread. Sorry.

Matěj

Old 12-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Alain PORTAL

Le mardi 23 dcembre 2008, Matej Cepl a crit :

> I am sorry, silly me, I have never dealt with our public beta
> offerings (of course, having access to the internal servers,
> I haven't needed to), so I didn't even know, that this beta is
> not public.

There is no problem ;-)
This is just too bad that I can test it before official release.

Regards,
Alain
--
Les pages de manuel Linux en franais