Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/)
-   -   Trac Site: certificate expired ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/210699-trac-site-certificate-expired.html)

Alain Reguera Delgado 12-12-2008 01:33 PM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hello,

This morning tried to access https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/
through firefox and the following response came to me:

- ---
Secure Connection Failed

projects.centos.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 12/10/2008 08:21 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)
* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it
could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the
error may be temporary, and you can try again later.
- ---

Cheers,
- --
Alain Reguera Delgado <al@ciget.cienfuegos.cu>
GnuPG : http://ciget.cienfuegos.cu/~al/publickey.asc
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with CentOS - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFJQnYnyXxCQEoXDZARArVVAKCxxThnx731mmSA7ady4s gTJ3AqOQCcD5o7
tt0v4gMsfNqbHqKUaKOfOcQ=
=UPgp
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Karanbir Singh 12-12-2008 01:37 PM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> projects.centos.org uses an invalid security certificate.
> The certificate expired on 12/10/2008 08:21 PM.

I'll look into this.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219@icq
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Karanbir Singh 12-13-2008 12:28 AM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> projects.centos.org uses an invalid security certificate.
> The certificate expired on 12/10/2008 08:21 PM.

Should be sorted now

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219@icq
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Alain Reguera Delgado 12-15-2008 12:37 PM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
>> projects.centos.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>> The certificate expired on 12/10/2008 08:21 PM.
>
> Should be sorted now

A few minutes ago, when tried https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/
in firefox the following message appeared:

- ---
projects.centos.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.

(Error code: sec_error_ca_cert_invalid)
- ---

Is that a sign that the new certificate needs to be verified somehow ?

Cheers,
- --
Alain Reguera Delgado <al@ciget.cienfuegos.cu>
GnuPG : http://ciget.cienfuegos.cu/~al/publickey.asc
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with CentOS - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFJRl2OyXxCQEoXDZARAngXAJ0fQkDEhPVn0PbtGLjVWt degyrsXgCgjq0P
9YOGtSvnKR1rCdP22NVdu40=
=QC1h
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

"Jerry Amundson" 12-15-2008 02:43 PM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Alain Reguera Delgado
<al@ciget.cienfuegos.cu> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
>>> projects.centos.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>>> The certificate expired on 12/10/2008 08:21 PM.
>>
>> Should be sorted now
>
> A few minutes ago, when tried https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/
> in firefox the following message appeared:
>
> - ---
> projects.centos.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>
> The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
>
> (Error code: sec_error_ca_cert_invalid)
> - ---
>
> Is that a sign that the new certificate needs to be verified somehow ?

"Or you can add an exception…"

jerry

--
To be named later.
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Hugo van der Kooij 12-15-2008 11:13 PM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Alain Reguera Delgado
> <al@ciget.cienfuegos.cu> wrote:
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
>>>> projects.centos.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>>>> The certificate expired on 12/10/2008 08:21 PM.
>>> Should be sorted now
>> A few minutes ago, when tried https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/
>> in firefox the following message appeared:
>>
>> - ---
>> projects.centos.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>>
>> The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
>>
>> (Error code: sec_error_ca_cert_invalid)
>> - ---
>>
>> Is that a sign that the new certificate needs to be verified somehow ?
>
> "Or you can add an exception…"

Why not use a public CA for this? Like CAcert.org?

Hugo.

- --
hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/
PGP/GPG? Use: http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/0x58F19981.asc

A: Yes.
>Q: Are you sure?
>>A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Bored? Click on http://spamornot.org/ and rate those images.

Nid wyf yn y swyddfa ar hyn o bryd. Anfonwch unrhyw waith i'w gyfieithu.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFJRvKQBvzDRVjxmYERAraNAJ9yi7LN1N6Ijc5eZ5LO6p RJNZY5/wCeO6Ll
WgyVv0YYABvgCSnMjw+8QAA=
=Rznf
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Karanbir Singh 12-16-2008 05:52 PM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> Why not use a public CA for this? Like CAcert.org?

we are starting to have enough certs around now that perhaps a
certs.centos.org might be a good idea.

- KB

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Alain Reguera Delgado 12-16-2008 05:57 PM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>> Why not use a public CA for this? Like CAcert.org?
>
> we are starting to have enough certs around now that perhaps a
> certs.centos.org might be a good idea.

Ohh! ... I like that idea :)

Cheers,
- --
Alain Reguera Delgado <al@ciget.cienfuegos.cu>
GnuPG : http://ciget.cienfuegos.cu/~al/publickey.asc
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with CentOS - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFJR/oZyXxCQEoXDZARArqLAJ9X3073eEDgchUaEO4wY6N4PkwCVgCg t8fr
Fn/7SAsTDl3Z17cbu5Xbw98=
=OI/i
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

David Hrbáč 12-20-2008 07:46 AM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>> Why not use a public CA for this? Like CAcert.org?
>
> we are starting to have enough certs around now that perhaps a
> certs.centos.org might be a good idea.

Well, I guess there's no need to create special site to distribute
Centos root certificates. We can distribute them via www.centos.org.
What we really need is to create own CA. Having projects.centos.org
secured via selfsigned cert is not good idea. If there's no one to pick
up, I can handle.
David Hrbáč
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Karanbir Singh 12-20-2008 05:54 PM

Trac Site: certificate expired ?
 
David Hrbáč wrote:
> Well, I guess there's no need to create special site to distribute
> Centos root certificates. We can distribute them via www.centos.org.
> What we really need is to create own CA. Having projects.centos.org
> secured via selfsigned cert is not good idea. If there's no one to pick
> up, I can handle.

I'd be most interested in finding out why you think a self signed cert
is not a good idea, for something like projects.centos.org. Keep in
context to whats on the other side of projects.centos.org and why its
running on https in the first place.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219@icq
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.