Old 12-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Jeff Johnson

Default Trac Site: certificate expired ?

On Dec 20, 2008, at 1:54 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

David Hrbáč wrote:

Well, I guess there's no need to create special site to distribute
Centos root certificates. We can distribute them via www.centos.org.
What we really need is to create own CA. Having projects.centos.org
secured via selfsigned cert is not good idea. If there's no one to
pick

up, I can handle.

I'd be most interested in finding out why you think a self signed cert
is not a good idea, for something like projects.centos.org. Keep in
context to whats on the other side of projects.centos.org and why its
running on https in the first place.

Any particular reason (other than no round 'tuits) why
a CAcert signed (rather than self-signed) should not be
attempted instead?

Real world experience: my Mac OS X Leopard server is now
CAcert'ed, the pain and drudgery were quite tolerable.

CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org

Old 12-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Jeff Johnson