-   -   PHP 5.2.6 + Roundcube (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/210252-php-5-2-6-roundcube.html)

12-11-2008 06:11 PM

PHP 5.2.6 + Roundcube

I'm not sure whether you are still interested in feedback on
php in the testing repo but here goes anyway. I have used the
testing repo to upgrade php for use with RoundCube which requires
php5.2 or greater and it runs without problem.

However during configuration, the programme complained that it
couldn't find php-mcrypt (not surprising as it's not in the
testing repo). On checking the logs, I see :

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mcrypt: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0,thread-safety=0
PHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0,thread-safety=0
These options need to match

No doubt this is because I had the mcrypt module for php5.1.6 installed.
In which case, can I make a request for an updated module? Not high on
your priorities I guess.

KeithW