Old 11-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Heiko Adams

Default Upgrade xarchiver to 0.51?

Hello,
I know that CentOS is an Enterprise Distribution and normaly doesn't
upgrade packages. But I'd like to ask if there could be an exception to
the xarchiver package from CentOS Extras.

The reason I ask is that CentOS Extras provides an svn snapshot of 0.49
but currently there is 0.5x released.

So this would be an upgrade svn -> stable release.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Heiko Adams

"Information ist die Währung der Demokratie" (Thomas Jefferson)

Old 11-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Matej Cepl

On 2008-11-28, 18:12 GMT, Heiko Adams wrote:
> I know that CentOS is an Enterprise Distribution and normaly
> doesn't upgrade packages. But I'd like to ask if there could be
> an exception to the xarchiver package from CentOS Extras.
>
> The reason I ask is that CentOS Extras provides an svn snapshot
> of 0.49 but currently there is 0.5x released.
>
> So this would be an upgrade svn -> stable release.

I am not that experienced with CentOS ways (using it on one of my
machines for the first times), but I think the proper way is to
file a bug with Red Hat.

Matěj

Old 11-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

I know that CentOS is an Enterprise Distribution and normaly
doesn't upgrade packages. But I'd like to ask if there could be
an exception to the xarchiver package from CentOS Extras.

The reason I ask is that CentOS Extras provides an svn snapshot
of 0.49 but currently there is 0.5x released.

So this would be an upgrade svn -> stable release.

I am not that experienced with CentOS ways (using it on one of my
machines for the first times), but I think the proper way is to
file a bug with Red Hat.

if it is in extras already, I guess that an update could go there, too