Old 12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
"Jerry Amundson"

Default Centos 5 update breaks drbd

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:45 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm running kernel-xen, if it matters, and drbd *not* drbd82, which
>> might matter. Some time back, I added excludes in yum.conf to be sure:
>> exclude=*i386 *i686 kernel kmod-drbd drbd82 kmod-drbd82 kmod-drbd82-xen
>>
>> [root@app1 ~]# rpm -qa *drbd*
>> kmod-drbd-xen-8.0.13-2
>> drbd-8.0.13-1.el5.centos

> OK, some more development in the bug tracker. It seems to me that
> your system is in good, working conditions and kmod-drbd was installed
> just as expected in the right place.

Correct. After the update/reboot which lead to my original post, I
removed drbd and kmod-drbd-xen, then installed them.

I may have complicated this by bringing the bug 3186 into play. I'll
try to recreate on a clean system, as the sequence of updates may be
factor.

jerry

Old 12-03-2008, 10:23 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso@gmail.com> wrote:

>> OK, some more development in the bug tracker. It seems to me that
>> your system is in good, working conditions and kmod-drbd was installed
>> just as expected in the right place.
>
> Correct. After the update/reboot which lead to my original post, I
> removed drbd and kmod-drbd-xen, then installed them.
>
> I may have complicated this by bringing the bug 3186 into play. I'll
> try to recreate on a clean system, as the sequence of updates may be
> factor.
>
> jerry

I agree. I suggest you file a new bug report when you are ready with
the detailed info that would allow others to reproduce the situation.

Akemi