Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default Instructions on rebuilding the CentOS 5 installer?

James Pearson wrote:

Out of interest, how do the CentOS team rebuild the installer?

err, I build the centos-5 installer with just the buildinstall line,
mkisofs the isos' and push them out. Stuff has become a lot simpler with
C5 than it was with C4.

How do I make sure the 'packages dep loop close' - does that mean
running pkgorder?

I am going to presume you need just 1 installset, a DVD or a network
install mechanism - in which case pkgorder is sort of redundant.

depclosure: that `rpm -qpR *.rpm ` should be satisfied by rpm -qp
--provides *.rpm`; in your repository. There should be no 'dangling'
deps. If you look at yum-utils, there are tools there which might help
unless you want to write them yourself.

Yes, I agree, but there are times (with CentOS 4) that I have needed to
rebuild the installer for my own needs - and I would like to make sure I
can do this with CentOS 5 when required.

buildinstall is still there, so you should be able to run it anytime.
but I'd still be interested in knowing why you might want to rebuild the
installer ? even most install-time changes to the installer are easily
pushed using product.img / updates.img

--
Karanbir Singh
CentOS Project { http://www.centos.org/ }

Old 11-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Karanbir Singh

Karanbir Singh wrote:
How do I make sure the 'packages dep loop close' - does that mean
running pkgorder?

Jeff just pointed out : rpm -pvt *.rpm; in the directory with all the
rpms will also run the depclosure and output missing Requires:

It also seems to run many times faster than yum's repoclosure script.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Karanbir Singh

Karanbir Singh wrote:
rpm -pvt *.rpm;

err, rpm -qpvT *.rpm

Old 11-26-2008, 03:47 PM
James Pearson

Karanbir Singh wrote:

James Pearson wrote:

Out of interest, how do the CentOS team rebuild the installer?

err, I build the centos-5 installer with just the buildinstall line,
mkisofs the isos' and push them out. Stuff has become a lot simpler with
C5 than it was with C4.

I see now, it is a lot simpler ... I've got buildinstall to run and do
what I need

Thanks

James Pearson