Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Alain Reguera Delgado

Default Some T-Shirt's decorations

Old 11-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> There are some t-shirt's decorations available at:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/Promo/Tshirts

Okay. The second one is completely "overloaded". The first one would
look good with only one of the "flowers".

The rest somehow is missing the CentOS reference, as I don't think that
the slogans are self explaining.

But the overall looks is great, we'd just have to mix some CentOS
reference in there >

Cheers,

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra@br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...80300 München | ....to right-justify any idea, even one

Old 11-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Alain Reguera Delgado

Old 11-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Alain Reguera Delgado

Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Dag Wieers

There are some t-shirt's decorations available at:

http://wiki.centos.org/Promo/Tshirts

Okay. The second one is completely "overloaded". The first one would
look good with only one of the "flowers".

The rest somehow is missing the CentOS reference, as I don't think that
the slogans are self explaining.

But the overall looks is great, we'd just have to mix some CentOS
reference in there >

That is why for the stickers we chose to take the slogan:

CentOS: Enterprise Linux for the people

So that at least people know that it is an Enterprise Linux and they are
included as the target market (besides in South America you have
strong people movements)

What I like on a poster is to give away the important characteristics of
an Enterprise Linux. There are ofcourse many, and some are more
interesting to some people than others.

In my presentations I always talk about:

secure, stable, predictable and reproducable

If we look at what Enterprise Linux means, an important one is that
security updates are low-risk and available as soon as they are ready and
tested. As a result the deliverables are stable and systems running an
Enterprise Linux are predictable in behaviour.

Thanks to the fact that the environment does not change too often,
experiences and problems are reproducable on other systems.

So to me the poster and future promotional material should indicate that
CentOS is an Enterprise Linux, and it should include those 4 important
keywords.

What do other people think ?

Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

[...]

I 100% approve your thoughts. But I would not add "predictable " and "
reproducable " on a shirt, unless it would also trigger some funny
thoughts (as in "I am a sysadmin, I am predictable, I just read your
mail"). Second thought, as a heavy BOFH reader, I would be amused but I
am not sure how funny would that be for our victims... ups, I meant for
our users

As a parenthesis the flower raises in me anything but the sentiment of
"enterprise". It's nice for a summer beach shirt and recalls Woodstock
and the flower power concept, but I would not associate it with linux in
any way.

manuel

Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Alain Reguera Delgado

Old 11-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Alain Reguera Delgado

Old 11-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

As a parenthesis the flower raises in me anything but the sentiment of
"enterprise". It's nice for a summer beach shirt and recalls Woodstock
and the flower power concept, but I would not associate it with linux in
any way.

I'm glad to see that kind of comments . Let's talk about it.

Well, to start it is not a flower at all. It is some kind of unknown Plant.

I selected that as a concept. It is a try, surely not enough but a try.
Maybe it do not reflect the Enterprise concept at all but the community
feeling.

Plants have roots, trunks, branches and leaves. All those parts work
together among them, day by day, doing specific tasks, and ruled by the
laws of nature, to let the plant grow as a whole and show the beauty of
it existence.

That is somehow the way I see our community: CentOS, the product, is the
plant/tree growing every day. We, the community, are part of that
Plant's trunk, branches and leaves; ruled by the laws of open standards.
The root is our provider.

I'm sure it is not the best idea (and it could be wrong), and probably
needs to integrate Enterprise concept on it, but felt motivated to do
something with some of the electrical pulses passing through my head.

Does the poster/tshirt Plant have relation now ?

leaving aside the explanation (which is nice, btw), let me put it in
other words: if you print that design on a sheet of paper and show it to
someone, will that person make the associations described by you above,
or will that person need the same tutorial I needed ?

Old 11-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> There is an intention to represent your idea at:
>
> https://projects.centos.org/svn/artwork/trunk/Promo/Poster/img/EL4People.png

"Enterprise Linux for the(!) people" (like "Power to the people").

Cheers,

Ralph