Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default rubygems rpm spec file

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
I've just noticed that rubygems-1.2.0 is in EPEL. I suggest getting in
touch with the maintainer and kindly asking him to ship the newer
version (he has not packaged 1.3.1 for Fedora either)

Considering EPEL isnt a part of CentOS, I'd still like to get the
rubygems stuff into a CentOS repo - and also most of merb an rails if
thats possible.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>> I've just noticed that rubygems-1.2.0 is in EPEL. I suggest getting in
>> touch with the maintainer and kindly asking him to ship the newer
>> version (he has not packaged 1.3.1 for Fedora either)
>
> Considering EPEL isnt a part of CentOS, I'd still like to get the
> rubygems stuff into a CentOS repo - and also most of merb an rails if
> thats possible.

Rails is here. mod_passenger is also here - and as you and I already
said: If someone needs a specific gem, it's no problem at all to provide
one in a rather quick fashion.

Cheers,

Ralph