FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Brandon Davidson
 
Default Supercomputing 2008

Are there any other CentOS people at Supercomputing 2008 in Austin,
Texas? If so, reply to me off-list and maybe we can try to meet up
somewhere.


-Brandon Davidson
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Supercomputing 2008

Brandon Davidson wrote:
Are there any other CentOS people at Supercomputing 2008 in Austin,
Texas? If so, reply to me off-list and maybe we can try to meet up
somewhere.




Bit hard to email, when most of the internet is BL'ed from your MX hosts :/


- KB
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Peter Kjellstrom
 
Default Supercomputing 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008, Brandon Davidson wrote:
> Are there any other CentOS people at Supercomputing 2008 in Austin,
> Texas? If so, reply to me off-list and maybe we can try to meet up
> somewhere.

Why off-list, replies in thread will let others know too.

I'm at SC anyway :-) and open to suggestions regarding
discussions/meetings/...

Karanbir, you in Texas too?

/Peter
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Supercomputing 2008

Peter Kjellstrom wrote:

Karanbir, you in Texas too?


No, am not - still in Sunny London. Johnny had planned on being there
for the show, but had some things come up.



- KB
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Brandon Davidson
 
Default Supercomputing 2008

Hu Laurence,

I stopped by the Platform booth this afternoon and had a nice discussion
with Gabor about the relationship between Kusu and the RHEL HPC channel.
Gabor mentioned that the current process sees Platform pushing SRPMs to
Red Hat for building, validation, and eventual publishing via their HPC
channel. Please correct me if I'm wrong, guys


It sounds like we are all still waiting on Red Hat to release their
source packages on the FTP site. Due to the nature of the partnership,
Platform cannot provide us with the SRPMs - they have to come from RH.
It sounded like the folks at Platform might be able to poke some people
to make this happen at little sooner?


Once this happens, the next step would probably be to set up an HPC
project and SIG on the CentOS website, and start building / testing the
packages. Once the packages look stable, perhaps a repo on the mirrors
would be appropriate?


Regards,

-Brandon


_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Supercomputing 2008

Brandon Davidson wrote:
It sounds like we are all still waiting on Red Hat to release their
source packages on the FTP site. Due to the nature of the partnership,
Platform cannot provide us with the SRPMs - they have to come from RH.
It sounded like the folks at Platform might be able to poke some people
to make this happen at little sooner?


This is pretty much what my understanding is at this time. We need to
have the packages show up on ftp.redhat.com, and I think Lawrence and
LiMing have been chasing about that.

Once this happens, the next step would probably be to set up an HPC
project and SIG on the CentOS website, and start building / testing the
packages. Once the packages look stable, perhaps a repo on the mirrors
would be appropriate?


yes, that too is what my understanding has been so far.

( lots of people on this CC list, most might already be on centos-devel )
--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219@icq
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Laurence Liew
 
Default Supercomputing 2008

Hi Brandon, KB

Yes - the below conclusion is correct.

We are pushing and 'poking' Red Hat to release the SRPMS on redhat ftp
site on a weekly basis... once we have a ETA date we will let the team
know.


We look forward to working closely withe the CentOS folks to create
the CentOS HPC distro and to form the HPC SIG...


Cheers!
laurence

ps. Brandon - did you pick up the bjob t-shirt at Platform's booth? if
you did not... you may want to go back and get it!




On 20 Nov 2008, at 7:07 AM, Brandon Davidson wrote:


Hu Laurence,

I stopped by the Platform booth this afternoon and had a nice
discussion with Gabor about the relationship between Kusu and the
RHEL HPC channel. Gabor mentioned that the current process sees
Platform pushing SRPMs to Red Hat for building, validation, and
eventual publishing via their HPC channel. Please correct me if I'm
wrong, guys


It sounds like we are all still waiting on Red Hat to release their
source packages on the FTP site. Due to the nature of the
partnership, Platform cannot provide us with the SRPMs - they have
to come from RH. It sounded like the folks at Platform might be able
to poke some people to make this happen at little sooner?


Once this happens, the next step would probably be to set up an HPC
project and SIG on the CentOS website, and start building / testing
the packages. Once the packages look stable, perhaps a repo on the
mirrors would be appropriate?


Regards,

-Brandon




-- Laurence
Kusu - HPC Management Simplified
http://www.hpccommunity.org/kusu









_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org