Old 11-14-2008, 04:45 PM
James Pearson

Default Updated xfs-kmod?

I notice that there is a more recent 'test' xfs-kmod for CentOS5/RHEL5 at:

<http://sandeen.net/rhel5_xfs/xfs-kmod-0.5-2.2.6.18_88.el5.testing.src.rpm>

It looks like this is based on XFS code from the 2.6.25 kernel

The SRPM has been there for 6 months, so I was wondering how much
testing has been done with the code and CentOS5/RHEL5 ?

Thanks

James Pearson

Old 11-14-2008, 07:47 PM
James Pearson

Eric Sandeen wrote:

James Pearson wrote:

I notice that there is a more recent 'test' xfs-kmod for CentOS5/RHEL5 at:

<http://sandeen.net/rhel5_xfs/xfs-kmod-0.5-2.2.6.18_88.el5.testing.src.rpm>

It looks like this is based on XFS code from the 2.6.25 kernel

The SRPM has been there for 6 months, so I was wondering how much
testing has been done with the code and CentOS5/RHEL5 ?

Thanks

James Pearson

You probably don't actually want to use that kmod... it is a very rough
backport, and it's not complete and has a few errors, I believe. I
should probably take it down.

If you sit tight for a while, (less than the 6 months or so mentioned
above I hope), I may be able to point to a better tested, updated kmod.

Thanks

James

Old 12-15-2008, 12:26 PM
James Pearson

James Pearson wrote:
> Eric Sandeen wrote:
>
>> James Pearson wrote:
>>
>>> I notice that there is a more recent 'test' xfs-kmod for
>>> CentOS5/RHEL5 at:
>>>
>>> <http://sandeen.net/rhel5_xfs/xfs-kmod-0.5-2.2.6.18_88.el5.testing.src.rpm>
>>>

>>> It looks like this is based on XFS code from the 2.6.25 kernel
>>>
>>> The SRPM has been there for 6 months, so I was wondering how much
>>> testing has been done with the code and CentOS5/RHEL5 ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> James Pearson
>>

>> You probably don't actually want to use that kmod... it is a very rough
>> backport, and it's not complete and has a few errors, I believe. I
>> should probably take it down.
>>
>> If you sit tight for a while, (less than the 6 months or so mentioned
>> above I hope), I may be able to point to a better tested, updated kmod.

Do you have any rough estimate when this might be available?

Thanks

James Pearson