Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Guillaume Kulakowsi

Default forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Old 09-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Fabian Arrotin

<big snip>
Guillaume also looked at the fluxbb source and said that it should be
easy to integrated ldap auth in fluxbb, so without having to modify the
fluxbb source code itself (by using hooks)
See his post on the fluxbb forum :
http://fluxbb.org/forums/post/16062/#p16062 .. and Guillaume also agreed
on the fact that because he knows fluxbb (and fluxbb developers very
well), he could write such ldap_auth hook .. (and he proposed also to
test the newbb -> fluxbb migration : see the tool he wrote for fluxbb
here : http://www.punbb.fr/mods/mod.php?id=56 )
Can Guillaume have write script on the
http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums page ? his Wiki name should
normally be GuillaumeKulakowski

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin@arrfab.net>

Old 09-27-2008, 09:32 AM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Fabian.

> Guillaume also looked at the fluxbb source and said that it should be easy
> to integrated ldap auth in fluxbb, so without having to modify the fluxbb
> source code itself (by using hooks)
> See his post on the fluxbb forum :
> http://fluxbb.org/forums/post/16062/#p16062 .. and Guillaume also agreed on
> the fact that because he knows fluxbb (and fluxbb developers very well), he
> could write such ldap_auth hook .. (and he proposed also to test the newbb
> -> fluxbb migration : see the tool he wrote for fluxbb here :
> http://www.punbb.fr/mods/mod.php?id=56 )
> Can Guillaume have write script on the
> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums page ? his Wiki name should
> normally be GuillaumeKulakowski

FluxBB seems to be a fork of PunBB which is currently used on fr...org
(Fabian, you was involved in this attempt I guess).

I am not sure if the Portal Software for FluxBB (which is also Puntal
I guess) is still maintained and/or if there are any alternatives
available. I am also not sure why a relatively small project like
PunBB has been forked.

Maybe Guillaume could join the discussion to point that out.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-27-2008, 12:05 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Hi all.

For Joomla / phpBB there is an non-invasive bridge available
supporting all authentication backends that Joomla provides:

http://rocketwerx.com/products/rokbridge/overview

This is quite nice as all other solutions require code modifications
which may lead to upgrade problems.

The latest Bridge available for Drupal is for v5.7:

http://drupal.i1media.no/

phpBB in general is my favorite forum software as is scales very well
and is easy to handle. Theming phpBB is a bit harder than e.g. fluxBB
but still possible.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Guillaume Kulakowski

Old 09-27-2008, 02:42 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Guillaume.

> for Fedora-Fr (http://www.fedora-fr.org), I use eZ Publish. For that, I
> have developed a FluxBB extension for eZ Publish : eZFluxBB
> (http://ez.no/developer/contribs/applications/ezfluxbb).
>
> eZ Publish is the most powerfull enterprise CMS and open source. Some eZ
> reference :
> - http://www.fedora-fr.org (eZ P + eZFluxBB)
> - http://planet.fedora-fr.org (eZ P + planet extension)
> - http://calendrier2.fedora-fr.org (eZ P + eZiCal my new extension in
> developement)
>
> The 3 virtualhost use the same instance of eZ.
> - and more (http://ez.no/customers/ez_publish_users)

Sounds very interesting. Does eZ support LDAP backends? And what about i18n?

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Guillaume Kulakowski

Old 09-27-2008, 04:45 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Hi Guillaume,

> There is so l10n/i18n support

On the eZ Website there are only a few translations available:

http://ez.no/download/translations

Are there any additional resources for language packs?

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Guillaume Kulakowski