Old 09-21-2008, 06:35 AM
"Marcus Moeller"

Default Todo list for the Artwork SIG

Good Morning.

>> https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki/DistroDesign/Wallpaper
>>
>> I have now managed to make tables look similar to the ones on the wiki
>> (using nearly plain html with some little style definitions).
>>
>> Now I would like to suggest to include rendered images in SVN, e.g. in:
>>
>> https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/browser/trunk/Main/img

> and what about thumbnails ... do we manage to render theme too there ?
> anyway we'll have two images the thumb and the real one ... What about
> a way of building thumbnails dynamically "on the fly" from the real
> images. A space for comments would be really nice too.

I am not yet sure if this is really necessary. Downsizing images
should be supported by Trac, too. We should take a look why it's not
working, here.

So, could you please check in the rendered images and I will include
them instead of the attached ones.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-21-2008, 10:08 AM
"Marcus Moeller"

Hi,

I have now reworked the page to use plain wiki syntax (which is quite
limited, but easier to handle). I even did not make use of
RestructuredText.

> So, could you please check in the rendered images and I will include
> them instead of the attached ones.

This is important as we could than link to images located in trunk using the:

[[Image(source:/trunk/trac/htdocs/trac_logo_mini.png)]]

syntax and get rid of the site attachments.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-21-2008, 10:33 AM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

> and what about thumbnails ... do we manage to render theme too there ?
> anyway we'll have two images the thumb and the real one ... What about
> a way of building thumbnails dynamically "on the fly" from the real
> images. A space for comments would be really nice too.

I have figured out that there is a bug in Trac 0.10.4 preventing us
from using [[Image(photo.jpg, 120px)]]:

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/6483

I already asked Karan to fix it but in the meantime I would suggest to
use [[Image(photo.jpg, width=80px)]] for Thumbnail generation.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/21/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
>> So, could you please check in the rendered images and I will include
>> them instead of the attached ones.
>
> This is important as we could than link to images located in trunk using
> the:
>
> [[Image(source:/trunk/trac/htdocs/trac_logo_mini.png)]]
>
> syntax and get rid of the site attachments.

Sound good to me.

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:16 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/22/08, Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/21/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
>>> So, could you please check in the rendered images and I will include
>>> them instead of the attached ones.
>>
>> This is important as we could than link to images located in trunk using
>> the:
>>
>> [[Image(source:/trunk/trac/htdocs/trac_logo_mini.png)]]
>>
>> syntax and get rid of the site attachments.
>
> Sound good to me.

Maybe we could do a local render and tag it ... then use the tagged
version of that render to display images in Trac, and other web sites.
If so, which part of the artwork we tag ? Would it be too much space
to store ?

Thanks,
al.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

2008/9/22 Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com>:

>>> This is important as we could than link to images located in trunk using
>>> the:
>>>
>>> [[Image(source:/trunk/trac/htdocs/trac_logo_mini.png)]]
>>>
>>> syntax and get rid of the site attachments.
>>
>> Sound good to me.
>
> Maybe we could do a local render and tag it ... then use the tagged
> version of that render to display images in Trac, and other web sites.
> If so, which part of the artwork we tag ? Would it be too much space
> to store ?

Why don't you just display the latest from Trunk so that users are
informed about the current release state.

Otherwise import rendered images to Trunk on demand.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/22/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> 2008/9/22 Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com>:
>> On 9/22/08, Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe we could do a local render and tag it ... then use the tagged
>> version of that render to display images in Trac, and other web sites.
>> If so, which part of the artwork we tag ? Would it be too much space
>> to store ?
>
> Why don't you just display the latest from Trunk so that users are
> informed about the current release state.

Initially the environment was conceived to render artwork locally by
selection ... there was no imminent need to version rendered images.
They could be created at any time.

Now, that we are planning to add rendered images in svn repo for Trac
wiki (and maybe in other web sites) use ... someone will need to
render the images and do upload them ... if we do it in trunk, each
time the template change we'll need to update the imgs trunk too.

Don't know if it is correct but personally I would like to have a
place where the images do no change each time the template change. I
know we don't have to upload the new rendered result if we don't want
it to, but in that case the content of imgs trunk wouldn't be
reflecting templates as they are.

So in that point, and if we end up using the rendered images inside
svn, is why I suggested to use some kind tag mechanism that let us
keep a somehow static image for that use, something stable for a
while, until the next modifications in trunk get ready to be referred
to.

Maybe it is time to define the life cycle of artwork rendering.

Of course, that first tagged version is inexistent at this moment ...
so maybe that's what we need to solve.

> Otherwise import rendered images to Trunk on demand.

Again trunk doesn't seems to me to be the place for something relative
stable we should refer to... at this moment it doesn't change to much
but in a future it may do.

I would like to know your opinions, suggestions guys,

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:38 AM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

>> Otherwise import rendered images to Trunk on demand.
>
> Again trunk doesn't seems to me to be the place for something relative
> stable we should refer to... at this moment it doesn't change to much
> but in a future it may do.

You could also place the images in branches or htdocs. Depends on what you want.

Uploading the rendered images somewhere to trunk (where they may not
reflect the current development state) could still be an option in my
POV as you may add a README containing the build version. But it's up
to you.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On 9/20/08, Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> > BTW. Does anyone knows the download link of the application we'll use
> > in lang.centos.org sites ?
>
> I found this: http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Information-Management/Puntal-17735.shtml
>
> It seems that "Puntal does not modify any files of PunBB, but adds six
> standard modules (news, download, calendar, related pages, planet, and
> lexicon) ". If that is true, and if that Puntal is the right Puntal
> for the application we'll use in lang.centos.org ... We'll probably
> have the lang.centos.org theme very soon. I'll do some tests and tell
> you back.

Stop there for a moment. We still do not know which application we'll use, as we
need an application with an LDAP backend. We're still looking into that, expect
a mail today or tomorrow with more details and a choice of applications.

Cheers,

Ralph_____________________________________________ __
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org

Old 09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Karanbir Singh

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

BTW. Does anyone knows the download link of the application we'll use
in lang.centos.org sites ?

We just hit a slight hitch with that. More details in a new thread in 10
minutes.

- KB