Old 09-17-2008, 01:30 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

Default Todo list for the Artwork SIG

On 9/17/08, Dag Wieers <dag@centos.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>
>> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I am wondering where to post an Artwork SIG ToDo list. A place for
>>> people to request artwork things, something that could be used as a
>>> list of task or something like that. Distribution needs, users need,
>>> developers need, whatever ...
>>>
>>> Any suggestion ?
>>
>> Trac? I've never really worked with it, but it seems to have a place for
>> Roadmaps and similar stuff. Problem with trac is, that not all content
>> is in one place.
>>
>> Did you get to do the stuff you wanted to do before we announce the
>> Artwork SIG properly?
>
> I would prefer if something like the TODO list is easily accessible. Where
> it is located should not matter that much, but the SIG pages should have
> some identical structure, and the TODO list belongs on that SIG wiki page.

Thinking in your requested download page redesign
http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/i386/ I updated the page
http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Artwork/Status so an
artwork TODO list could be filled there.

> The main reason is that we need to make it easy for people visiting the
> pages to find things like TODO items. And a list of TODO lists could be
> then referenced from the Contribute page.

If we keep content on the wiki, the Artwork SIG can already be announced.

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:38 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

> Yes, it is wiki. But maybe it should be on Trac instead, as Marcus
> suggested, so the content be in a single place, and the trac roadmaps

I have not really suggested to use this or that. I just wantet to make
clear that we should keep the content in one single place for better
maintainance.

There are some disadvantages in using trac which I have already lined
out. One is the 'bad url' to access the trac pages. If
artwork.centos.org (or something like that) would link to trac and the
wiki just points there, all content could be kept in the trac wiki.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-17-2008, 01:53 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/17/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Dear Alain.
>
>> Yes, it is wiki. But maybe it should be on Trac instead, as Marcus
>> suggested, so the content be in a single place, and the trac roadmaps
>
> I have not really suggested to use this or that.

Ohh! ... please accept my apologies Marcus, I misunderstood your lines.

> I just wantet to make
> clear that we should keep the content in one single place for better
> maintainance.

I agree with that.

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Karanbir Singh

Marcus Moeller wrote:

I have not really suggested to use this or that. I just wantet to make
clear that we should keep the content in one single place for better
maintainance.

I agree. And trac provides a very good mechanism for this. Given that
its in use such widely, a lot of people are already familiar with the
milestones / aims / features and the fact that you can url into the scm
from the wiki makes in-revision tracking trivial. You can also assocated
issues with milestones and releases and handle wiki content within the
same context.

So it can be as easy as you want, but it can also easily do more complex
things if you need it to.

There are some disadvantages in using trac which I have already lined
out. One is the 'bad url' to access the trac pages. If
artwork.centos.org (or something like that) would link to trac and the
wiki just points there, all content could be kept in the trac wiki.

the URL issue does not look like anything major to me personally, also I
dont see much of a differences in https://projects.centos.org/ and
http://artwork.centos.org. Specially since the trac wiki is only 1 click
away from the https://projects.centos.org link. The wiki.centos.org page
at http://wiki.centos.org/Projects can have a few more comments about
each project if so required.

- KB

Old 09-19-2008, 02:10 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/17/08, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> I have not really suggested to use this or that. I just wantet to make
>> clear that we should keep the content in one single place for better
>> maintainance.
>
> I agree. And trac provides a very good mechanism for this. Given that
> its in use such widely, a lot of people are already familiar with the
> milestones / aims / features and the fact that you can url into the scm
> from the wiki makes in-revision tracking trivial. You can also assocated
> issues with milestones and releases and handle wiki content within the
> same context.
>
> So it can be as easy as you want, but it can also easily do more complex
> things if you need it to.
>
>> There are some disadvantages in using trac which I have already lined
>> out. One is the 'bad url' to access the trac pages. If
>> artwork.centos.org (or something like that) would link to trac and the
>> wiki just points there, all content could be kept in the trac wiki.
>
> the URL issue does not look like anything major to me personally, also I
> dont see much of a differences in https://projects.centos.org/ and
> http://artwork.centos.org. Specially since the trac wiki is only 1 click
> away from the https://projects.centos.org link. The wiki.centos.org page
> at http://wiki.centos.org/Projects can have a few more comments about
> each project if so required.

Ok. I believe we should move the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork
content to https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki ... if there
is no one against that. So the Trac facilities on projects management
could be used.

If that is ok ... some help would be nice

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> If that is ok ... some help would be nice

After the weekend, sure.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

> Ok. I believe we should move the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork
> content to https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki ... if there
> is no one against that. So the Trac facilities on projects management
> could be used.
>
> If that is ok ... some help would be nice

We should just start. Please tell me which subsites I should migrate.

Btw. do you think that the new Trac design could already be set up?

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/19/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Dear Alain.
>
>> Ok. I believe we should move the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork
>> content to https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki ... if there
>> is no one against that. So the Trac facilities on projects management
>> could be used.
>>
>> If that is ok ... some help would be nice
>
> We should just start. Please tell me which subsites I should migrate.

Well initially I thought to move the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork
pages and subpages ... but I am a little worried .... I tried to enter
http://wiki.centos.org/ and a "Operation timed out" was the response
to me . www.centos.org is in the same situation.

> Btw. do you think that the new Trac design could already be set up?

I guess it could, if someone could test it and confirm it is ready for that.

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Karanbir Singh

Marcus Moeller wrote:

Btw. do you think that the new Trac design could already be set up?

Thats on the ToDo list for this weekend

- KB

Old 09-19-2008, 03:14 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/19/08, Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> but I am a little worried .... I tried to enter
> http://wiki.centos.org/ and a "Operation timed out" was the response
> to me . www.centos.org is in the same situation.

Lets go now! ... they are back again .

Thanks,