Old 09-20-2008, 09:11 AM
"Marcus Moeller"

Default Todo list for the Artwork SIG

Dear Alain.

> I think we should update the actual content based on the actual Trac
> default wiki syntax, or if there is another way to make it ...

I have tried to add some HTML code. Take a look at this example:

https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki/DistroDesign/Wallpaper

As <style> definitions are not accepted I have to use dirty tricks to
adjust table borders. I wonder if this really makes sense.

Maybe we should just stick with the capabilities of the Trac wiki
(which definitly means col/rowspanning is impossible) and re-work the
content.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-20-2008, 05:08 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Good Evening.

> https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki/DistroDesign/Wallpaper

I have now managed to make tables look similar to the ones on the wiki
(using nearly plain html with some little style definitions).

Now I would like to suggest to include rendered images in SVN, e.g. in:

https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/browser/trunk/Main/img

and to link to them in the trac wiki instead of attaching the images
to the wiki pages. This also makes sure we do not have to update all
wiki pages on an artwork change.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-21-2008, 01:58 AM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/19/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Dear Alain.
>
>> I think we should update the actual content based on the actual Trac
>> default wiki syntax, or if there is another way to make it ...
>
> This is nearly impossible if you do not want to reorganize all of the
> content.

Well, it seems to be something we need to assume if we want to keep
Trac wiki page editing simple.

>> Guys ... would be possible to install some kind of photoblog under
>> centos domain ? Something that let us upload a big image and generates
>> thumbs of it for us to use ... something like
>> http://www.pixelpost.org/. That way we could handle images/screenshots
>> there and just refer them on Trac, Moin, wherever site ... That would
>> be all about CentOS officially online images ... maybe contributors
>> help with a section of personal screenshots ... a section for the
>> artwork project (of course ) ... and as many section as community
>> consider helpful ... just a way to handle images and its sizes.
>
> I do not think this is really necessary. Previews could be handled
> within the wiki. At least with HTML you could define the image size.

How could we show a full size image linked from its thumbnail without
attach both the thumbed and the full size image ?

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:13 AM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/20/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Good Evening.
>
>> https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki/DistroDesign/Wallpaper
>
> I have now managed to make tables look similar to the ones on the wiki
> (using nearly plain html with some little style definitions).
>
> Now I would like to suggest to include rendered images in SVN, e.g. in:
>
> https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/browser/trunk/Main/img

and what about thumbnails ... do we manage to render theme too there ?
anyway we'll have two images the thumb and the real one ... What about
a way of building thumbnails dynamically "on the fly" from the real
images. A space for comments would be really nice too.

> and to link to them in the trac wiki instead of attaching the images
> to the wiki pages. This also makes sure we do not have to update all
> wiki pages on an artwork change.

That's the idea

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:18 AM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/19/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Good Evening.
>
>> That's something that I could look in after CentOSify the punbb
>> application presentation to get a common look for each
>> lang.centos.org/forum/. punbb is just a proposition for that section
>> of course. After that, and if Puntal tar.gz file continue lost ... we
>> can give another Trac style round to see these kind of things, if no
>> urgent or top level need appears. Maybe this is a good moment to start
>> ticketing on artwork trac environment so the roadmap be created.
>
> Hmm, I did not even know you are already working on it.

Because I did'nt ... I started just a few days ago .

BTW. Does anyone knows the download link of the application we'll use
in lang.centos.org sites ?

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:25 AM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/19/08, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> Also, who wants to volunteer to be 'responsible' for it ?

I want, and if someone else wants to roll on it too... doors are opened.

> Finally, almost anything we consider now should have ldap or sql based auth.

I need to verify this.

Thanks,
al.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:55 AM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/20/08, Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW. Does anyone knows the download link of the application we'll use
> in lang.centos.org sites ?

I found this: http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Information-Management/Puntal-17735.shtml

It seems that "Puntal does not modify any files of PunBB, but adds six
standard modules (news, download, calendar, related pages, planet, and
lexicon) ". If that is true, and if that Puntal is the right Puntal
for the application we'll use in lang.centos.org ... We'll probably
have the lang.centos.org theme very soon. I'll do some tests and tell
you back.

Cheers,
al.