Old 09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

Default Todo list for the Artwork SIG

On 9/19/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Dear Alain.
>
>> Ok. I believe we should move the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork
>> content to https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki ... if there
>> is no one against that. So the Trac facilities on projects management
>> could be used.
>>
>> If that is ok ... some help would be nice
>
> We should just start. Please tell me which subsites I should migrate.

In the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork :

Could you start migrating links from bottom to top ? I'll go from top
to bottom ... or in reverse ?

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Karanbir Singh

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

Well initially I thought to move the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork
pages and subpages ... but I am a little worried .... I tried to enter
http://wiki.centos.org/ and a "Operation timed out" was the response
to me . www.centos.org is in the same situation.

there was a glitch in the universe, all fixed for now. A longer term fix
is in the planning stages.

- KB

Old 09-19-2008, 05:25 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

> In the http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork :
>
> Could you start migrating links from bottom to top ? I'll go from top
> to bottom ... or in reverse ?

Formatting on the Trac Wiki seems to be slightly different. Have you
already figured out if it's possible to add style/rowstyle
definitions?

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

> Formatting on the Trac Wiki seems to be slightly different. Have you
> already figured out if it's possible to add style/rowstyle
> definitions?

Also attachment seems to be handled differently. Did you already
manage to upload attachments?

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-19-2008, 06:06 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/19/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Dear Alain.

>> Formatting on the Trac Wiki seems to be slightly different. Have you
>> already figured out if it's possible to add style/rowstyle
>> definitions?

That's something that I could look in after CentOSify the punbb
application presentation to get a common look for each
lang.centos.org/forum/. punbb is just a proposition for that section
of course. After that, and if Puntal tar.gz file continue lost ... we
can give another Trac style round to see these kind of things, if no
urgent or top level need appears. Maybe this is a good moment to start
ticketing on artwork trac environment so the roadmap be created.

> Also attachment seems to be handled differently. Did you already
> manage to upload attachments?

Well as far as I've seen now, attachments are displayed at the end of
the page, if the attachment are images we can use the Macro [[Image]]
to refer the attachment so they can be used ... there are interesting
things with that macro that I have not tested yet, like resizing a big
image. If that is possible we can just upload the Screenshot-X.png and
show them as small images ... just wondering about what
https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki/WikiMacros says.

If attachment are no images, we could leave them at the end of the
page, and if possible refer to them where needed.

Maybe we start with a few errors at the beginning, but they could be
fixed walking the way. Also Ralph and Karan seems to be near us to
help .

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:26 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Good Evening.

> That's something that I could look in after CentOSify the punbb
> application presentation to get a common look for each
> lang.centos.org/forum/. punbb is just a proposition for that section
> of course. After that, and if Puntal tar.gz file continue lost ... we
> can give another Trac style round to see these kind of things, if no
> urgent or top level need appears. Maybe this is a good moment to start
> ticketing on artwork trac environment so the roadmap be created.

Hmm, I did not even know you are already working on it.

> Well as far as I've seen now, attachments are displayed at the end of
> the page, if the attachment are images we can use the Macro [[Image]]
> to refer the attachment so they can be used ... there are interesting
> things with that macro that I have not tested yet, like resizing a big
> image. If that is possible we can just upload the Screenshot-X.png and
> show them as small images ... just wondering about what
> https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork/wiki/WikiMacros says.

Okay, I managed to upload and include images. Now I need to know it's
possible to add col/rowspan to tables?

> If attachment are no images, we could leave them at the end of the
> page, and if possible refer to them where needed.

I already found out that it's not very usable to have an edit button
at the bottom of a page :/

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

> Okay, I managed to upload and include images. Now I need to know it's
> possible to add col/rowspan to tables?

Styling Trac wiki pages seems to be nearly impossible. Trac wiki
syntax has a number of deficiencies which cannot be solved easily. Eg.
it simply does not support row/colspan on tables. The only way is to
use plain HTML syntax like:

{{{
#!html
<h1 style="text-align: right; color: blue">HTML Sucks</h1>
}}}

which cannot be combined with the wiki syntax of course. This means we
either cannot use the trac wiki or we have to hack most parts in HTML.
This also means if you want to include attachments you have to use
HTML style, too.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-19-2008, 07:37 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/19/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Dear Alain.
>
>> Okay, I managed to upload and include images. Now I need to know it's
>> possible to add col/rowspan to tables?
>
> Styling Trac wiki pages seems to be nearly impossible. Trac wiki
> syntax has a number of deficiencies which cannot be solved easily. Eg.
> it simply does not support row/colspan on tables. The only way is to
> use plain HTML syntax like:
>
> {{{
> #!html
> <h1 style="text-align: right; color: blue">HTML Sucks</h1>
> }}}
>
> which cannot be combined with the wiki syntax of course. This means we
> either cannot use the trac wiki or we have to hack most parts in HTML.
> This also means if you want to include attachments you have to use
> HTML style, too.

I think we should update the actual content based on the actual Trac
default wiki syntax, or if there is another way to make it ...

Guys ... would be possible to install some kind of photoblog under
centos domain ? Something that let us upload a big image and generates
thumbs of it for us to use ... something like
http://www.pixelpost.org/. That way we could handle images/screenshots
there and just refer them on Trac, Moin, wherever site ... That would
be all about CentOS officially online images ... maybe contributors
help with a section of personal screenshots ... a section for the
artwork project (of course ) ... and as many section as community
consider helpful ... just a way to handle images and its sizes.

Some times attachments list on Trac could be quiet large ... and could
look a bit ugly, for me at least.

Note: Tried to resize an image and there is no auto-resize with
[[Image(file.png, 200px)]]

Cheers,
al.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:13 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

> I think we should update the actual content based on the actual Trac
> default wiki syntax, or if there is another way to make it ...

This is nearly impossible if you do not want to reorganize all of the
content. I am going to try to set up some parts in HTML (at least
tables and image includes)

> Guys ... would be possible to install some kind of photoblog under
> centos domain ? Something that let us upload a big image and generates
> thumbs of it for us to use ... something like
> http://www.pixelpost.org/. That way we could handle images/screenshots
> there and just refer them on Trac, Moin, wherever site ... That would
> be all about CentOS officially online images ... maybe contributors
> help with a section of personal screenshots ... a section for the
> artwork project (of course ) ... and as many section as community
> consider helpful ... just a way to handle images and its sizes.

I do not think this is really necessary. Previews could be handled
within the wiki. At least with HTML you could define the image size.

> Some times attachments list on Trac could be quiet large ... and could
> look a bit ugly, for me at least.

Maybe we could hide the attachment list or add an 'view attachments'
button to the bottom of the page.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Karanbir Singh

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

Guys ... would be possible to install some kind of photoblog under
centos domain ? Something that let us upload a big image and generates
thumbs of it for us to use ...

I dont mind that at all, but some of the other guys need to weigh in as well.
Also Johnny was spotted in the wild recently.

Also, who wants to volunteer to be 'responsible' for it ?

Finally, almost anything we consider now should have ldap or sql based auth.