Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Howard Wilkinson

Default anaconda-11.3.0.50 upd-instroot

I am getting an error from the sed string in the code below. Can anybody
enlighten me as to what is trying to be achieved?

cat $KEEPFILES | while read spec ; do
#Pull off path
path=`echo "$spec" | sed 's,([^[*?]*)/.*,1,'`
<------ sed: -e expression #1, char 8: unknown option to `s'

for filespec in `find ./$path -path "./$spec"` ; do
if [ ! -e $filespec ]; then
continue
elif [ ! -d $filespec ]; then
instFile $filespec $PKGDEST
else
for i in `find $filespec -type f` ; do instFile $i $PKGDEST
; done

fi
done
done

Regards, Howard.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Howard Wilkinson wrote:
I am getting an error from the sed string in the code below. Can anybody
enlighten me as to what is trying to be achieved?

cat $KEEPFILES | while read spec ; do
#Pull off path
path=`echo "$spec" | sed 's,([^[*?]*)/.*,1,'`
<------ sed: -e expression #1, char 8: unknown option to `s'

for filespec in `find ./$path -path "./$spec"` ; do
if [ ! -e $filespec ]; then
continue
elif [ ! -d $filespec ]; then
instFile $filespec $PKGDEST
else
for i in `find $filespec -type f` ; do instFile $i $PKGDEST ;
done

fi
done
done

Actually it isn't that line (judging from what sed complains about -
what is passed to 'sed -e')

Attached is a patch that will make the message go away.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip