Old 09-05-2008, 08:22 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Default Mantis Theme Design - Round 2

Dear Alain.

>> I guess you could.
>
> So, it would look like:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-150.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-151.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-152.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-153.png

Do you think it's possible to set the Background to the complete row
(e.g. on Screenshot-151.png)

>> Try to set a background image with padding / margin
>> for the subtle class and set the bgcolor to #000
>
> You mean something like the "Reported by Me" format of your Screenshot
> (http://easys.gnulinux.de/img/Screenshot-119_mm.png) ?

Maybe we could give the dark blue one a try, too.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Niels de Vos

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> We are back with some of your suggestions and the MantisThemeDesign
> download file for you to install. See:
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign

Round two for login etc. really looks much better imho. It very clean
and doesn't distract from it's purpose

Great job!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Niels de Vos

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> So, it would look like:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-150.png

Very nice! Much better than the previous header-color combination.

>> Try to set a background image with padding / margin
>> for the subtle class and set the bgcolor to #000
>
> You mean something like the "Reported by Me" format of your Screenshot
> (http://easys.gnulinux.de/img/Screenshot-119_mm.png) ?

That might also look pretty. However I think it would get you furher
away from the Wiki-look. A WikiPage only has one header (dark blue) and
several paragraphs (gray header). If there would be one table on the page,
it would match again (Screenshot-152). For multiple tables it just could
be getting too mixed up.

Just my humble opinions and thoughts,
Niels

Old 09-08-2008, 05:39 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Good Evening.

>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-150.png
>
> Very nice! Much better than the previous header-color combination.
>
>> You mean something like the "Reported by Me" format of your Screenshot
>> (http://easys.gnulinux.de/img/Screenshot-119_mm.png) ?
>
> That might also look pretty. However I think it would get you furher
> away from the Wiki-look. A WikiPage only has one header (dark blue) and
> several paragraphs (gray header). If there would be one table on the page,
> it would match again (Screenshot-152). For multiple tables it just could
> be getting too mixed up.

I agree on that. I guess the light gray background on table headers
fits better with the rest of the CentOS world.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-12-2008, 05:38 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 9/8/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Good Evening.
>
>>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-150.png
>>
>> Very nice! Much better than the previous header-color combination.
>>
>>> You mean something like the "Reported by Me" format of your Screenshot
>>> (http://easys.gnulinux.de/img/Screenshot-119_mm.png) ?
>>
>> That might also look pretty. However I think it would get you furher
>> away from the Wiki-look. A WikiPage only has one header (dark blue) and
>> several paragraphs (gray header). If there would be one table on the page,
>> it would match again (Screenshot-152). For multiple tables it just could
>> be getting too mixed up.
>
> I agree on that. I guess the light gray background on table headers
> fits better with the rest of the CentOS world.

Hi guys,

Want to thank you for your comments, opinions and suggestions. Here
are some notes:

The table headers were updated in almost all the application. The
background image was moved from td.form-title to a new tr.title class
just for it that was placed in each title row. Tests are needed. See:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-154.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-155.png

Additionally some works were done as an alternative for the actual
changes. Test that would help us collect changes to include in what we
are building for bugs.centos.org. See:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-164.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-165.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-166.png

In order to get files, the tar.gz files were replace by the related
`svn export ...' command. Would like to know if the tar.gz files
should be left or can be as it is now (just the svn export command).

Thanks,
al.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:53 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

> Want to thank you for your comments, opinions and suggestions. Here
> are some notes:
>
> The table headers were updated in almost all the application. The
> background image was moved from td.form-title to a new tr.title class
> just for it that was placed in each title row. Tests are needed. See:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-154.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-155.png

Looks great, now.

> Additionally some works were done as an alternative for the actual
> changes. Test that would help us collect changes to include in what we
> are building for bugs.centos.org. See:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-164.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-165.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-166.png

I personally prefer the first version. The forms on these ones look a
bit like harlequin caps

Also blue or purple are my colors of choice....

> In order to get files, the tar.gz files were replace by the related
> `svn export ...' command. Would like to know if the tar.gz files
> should be left or can be as it is now (just the svn export command).

For me, svn export is quite ok.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Ned Slider

Marcus Moeller wrote:

Additionally some works were done as an alternative for the actual
changes. Test that would help us collect changes to include in what we
are building for bugs.centos.org. See:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-164.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-165.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/MantisThemeDesign?action=AttachFile&do=get&target= Screenshot-166.png

I personally prefer the first version. The forms on these ones look a
bit like harlequin caps

I agree - the first one (blue) looks great. The other two (green and
brown) look better suited to other popular Linux distros IMHO

My only other comment - for me the "new" and "feedback" colours at the
bottom look very similar and thus it's difficult to distinguish between
them.