Old 09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default Webstack/ C5

The first lot of pkgs for webstack on CentOS-5 will start showing up on
the testing repo shortly. Its setup to push packages every 12 hrs, so
you will see some churn in the repo.

File issue reports at : http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3106

All feedback is welcome, specially from people who can test the packages
and confirm that they work as expected.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
David Hrbác(

Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> The first lot of pkgs for webstack on CentOS-5 will start showing up on
> the testing repo shortly. Its setup to push packages every 12 hrs, so
> you will see some churn in the repo.
>
> File issue reports at : http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3106
>
> All feedback is welcome, specially from people who can test the packages
> and confirm that they work as expected.

Karanbir,
comparing CPlus C4 and C5, postgres 8.1.9->8.2.6, php 5.1.6->5.2.3,
mysql 5.0.62->5.0.56 Would you please update mysql too?
DH

Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 AM
Karanbir Singh

Hi David,

David Hrbác wrote:

comparing CPlus C4 and C5, postgres 8.1.9->8.2.6, php 5.1.6->5.2.3,
mysql 5.0.62->5.0.56 Would you please update mysql too?
DH

5.0.56 isnt a part of the webstack , and I've got 5.1.x rc and 5.0.62
done for c5 in the mix, they should both show up in the next few days.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Joe Pruett

comparing CPlus C4 and C5, postgres 8.1.9->8.2.6, php 5.1.6->5.2.3,
mysql 5.0.62->5.0.56 Would you please update mysql too?
DH

5.0.56 isnt a part of the webstack , and I've got 5.1.x rc and 5.0.62 done
for c5 in the mix, they should both show up in the next few days.

in the past it has been talked about to make the webstack a separate repo
from centoplus (or maybe it was a sub-repo?). anyway, i'd vote for
keeping the upstream webstack isolated so that people can install just
that and not get some other mysql without explicitly asking for that.

i understand that the testing repo is more a free-for-all so i just have
to be careful what i do.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Joe Pruett

The first lot of pkgs for webstack on CentOS-5 will start showing up on the
testing repo shortly. Its setup to push packages every 12 hrs, so you will
see some churn in the repo.

File issue reports at : http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3106

All feedback is welcome, specially from people who can test the packages and
confirm that they work as expected.

will you be building the 2.2.8 httpd from rhwas? and in relation to my
last post, will you build the mysql from rhwas?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Karanbir Singh

Joe Pruett wrote:
will you be building the 2.2.8 httpd from rhwas? and in relation to my
last post, will you build the mysql from rhwas?

yes, yes.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Joe Pruett

The first lot of pkgs for webstack on CentOS-5 will start showing up on the
testing repo shortly. Its setup to push packages every 12 hrs, so you will
see some churn in the repo.

i imagine you're still trying to get 4.7 out the door... i'm still
waiting for httpd, mysql, etc to be built from the rhwas srpms.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Karanbir Singh

Joe Pruett wrote:
The first lot of pkgs for webstack on CentOS-5 will start showing up
on the testing repo shortly. Its setup to push packages every 12 hrs,
so you will see some churn in the repo.

i imagine you're still trying to get 4.7 out the door... i'm still
waiting for httpd, mysql, etc to be built from the rhwas srpms.

yes, been quite busy with work and infrastructure work in *.centos.org -
give me a day or so, will try and catchup with the all the rhwas stuff
this weekend.

Thanks for the patience!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Dag Wieers

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Karanbir Singh wrote:

Joe Pruett wrote:
> The first lot of pkgs for webstack on CentOS-5 will start showing up on
> the testing repo shortly. Its setup to push packages every 12 hrs, so
> you will see some churn in the repo.

i imagine you're still trying to get 4.7 out the door... i'm still
waiting for httpd, mysql, etc to be built from the rhwas srpms.

yes, been quite busy with work and infrastructure work in *.centos.org - give
me a day or so, will try and catchup with the all the rhwas stuff this
weekend.

Time to start delegating work ? >

Old 09-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Karanbir Singh

Dag Wieers wrote:
yes, been quite busy with work and infrastructure work in *.centos.org
- give me a day or so, will try and catchup with the all the rhwas
stuff this weekend.

Time to start delegating work ? >

That very specific thing is happening right now actually. We just need
more people to step up who wont promise a lot, delivery almost nothing
and then just go away next weekend.