Old 09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Joe Pruett

Default Webstack/ C5

so karanbir, do you have some time to go back to this now? i'm still
wanting to see the http, mysql, etc to be rebuilt from rhwas. i don't
care about the java stuff right now.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Karanbir Singh

Joe Pruett wrote:
so karanbir, do you have some time to go back to this now? i'm still
wanting to see the http, mysql, etc to be rebuilt from rhwas. i don't
care about the java stuff right now.

Those pkgs were published a few days back, make sure you are looking at
the c5-testing repo.

w.r.t mysql, am working on something even more fun. look for into on
that in a day or so

Old 09-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Joe Pruett

Those pkgs were published a few days back, make sure you are looking at the
c5-testing repo.

w.r.t mysql, am working on something even more fun. look for into on that in
a day or so

i am looking at the x86_64 area:
http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/RPMS/

and i don't see any httpd in there.

as for the mysql stuff, i'll repeat my suggestion of keeping the rhwas
separate from other, even newer versions of mysql. what i want to do is
replicate a rhwas environment. for testing, it is fine to mix things all
together, but i still think a webstack repo or the like will be the best
long term solution.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:45 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Joe Pruett <joey@clean.q7.com> wrote:
>> Those pkgs were published a few days back, make sure you are looking at
>> the c5-testing repo.
>>
>> w.r.t mysql, am working on something even more fun. look for into on that
>> in a day or so
>
> i am looking at the x86_64 area:
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/RPMS/
>
> and i don't see any httpd in there.

Look in:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/

I think you should be using the testing repo.

yum list --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=c5-testing httpd

will find it.

Available Packages
httpd.x86_64 2.2.8-1.el5s2.centos c5-testing

Akemi

Old 09-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Joe Pruett

Look in:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/

I think you should be using the testing repo.

yum list --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=c5-testing httpd

will find it.

Available Packages
httpd.x86_64 2.2.8-1.el5s2.centos c5-testing

yep, things weren't where i expected to see them so i didn't even try yum.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Karanbir Singh

Joe Pruett wrote:

i am looking at the x86_64 area:
http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/RPMS/

and i don't see any httpd in there.

ok, worth investigating what is going on then.

- KB

Old 09-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Joe Pruett

Look in:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/

I think you should be using the testing repo.

yum list --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=c5-testing httpd

will find it.

Available Packages
httpd.x86_64 2.2.8-1.el5s2.centos c5-testing

yep, things weren't where i expected to see them so i didn't even try yum.

these packages from rhwas don't seem to be there:
mysql-5.0.50sp1a-2.el5s2
perl-DBD-Pg-1.49-2.el5s2
unixODBC-2.2.12-8.el5s2

since there is a newer version of mysql in the repo, i don't know how you
get yum to do that other than manual downloading.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:26 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Joe Pruett <joey@clean.q7.com> wrote:
>>> Look in:
>>>
>>> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/
>>>
>>> I think you should be using the testing repo.
>>>
>>> yum list --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=c5-testing httpd
>>>
>>> will find it.
>>>
>>> Available Packages
>>> httpd.x86_64 2.2.8-1.el5s2.centos
>>> c5-testing
>>
>> yep, things weren't where i expected to see them so i didn't even try yum.
>
> these packages from rhwas don't seem to be there:
> mysql-5.0.50sp1a-2.el5s2
> perl-DBD-Pg-1.49-2.el5s2
> unixODBC-2.2.12-8.el5s2
>
> since there is a newer version of mysql in the repo, i don't know how you
> get yum to do that other than manual downloading.

>From what I [over]heard, Karanbir is "working on" mysql...

Akemi

Old 09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Joe Pruett

From what I [over]heard, Karanbir is "working on" mysql...

it wasn't clear if he was building the mysql from rhwas or a different
version. i guess we'll see. the perl-dbi-pg and unixodbc aren't
important to me, but i figured i'd compare all the non-java stuff just to
be complete.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Joe Pruett

these packages from rhwas don't seem to be there:
mysql-5.0.50sp1a-2.el5s2
perl-DBD-Pg-1.49-2.el5s2
unixODBC-2.2.12-8.el5s2

and some sub-packages don't seem to have updated versions:

php-mcrypt.x86_64 5.1.6-15.el5.centos.1 installed
php-mhash.x86_64 5.1.6-15.el5.centos.1 installed
php-mssql.x86_64 5.1.6-15.el5.centos.1 installed
php-readline.x86_64 5.1.6-15.el5.centos.1 installed
php-tidy.x86_64 5.1.6-15.el5.centos.1 installed

the pear and pecl sub-packages don't seem to have new versions either, but
i don't know if that is an issue.

i am guessing the php sub-packages are because of the unknown --with or
--define options that i've been asking about.