Old 08-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Jeff Sheltren

Default OpenLDAP 2.4 for CentOS 4 & 5

Old 08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> I've built openldap 2.4.11 packages for el4 and el5. These include
> compat packages for openldap 2.2 and 2.3, respectively. Since
> openldap 2.4 has a lot of enhancements over 2.3, I thought it may be
> valuable to have in ie. the centosplus repo. Also, having the same
> version of openldap available for centos4 and centos5 may be nice for
> people. What do you think?

What do you do with packages linked against openldap (samba comes to mind)?
That's why I didn't build the overlays package for CentOS 4 (as that can only
be done in 2.3 upwards), but just in 5.

How about adding an overlays package also? (No need for the smbk5pwd patch,
maybe) I do need at least two of the provided overlays. See the openldap spec
in the SRPM on http://dev.centos.org/.

> Please review the packages/spec files found here:
> http://staff.osuosl.org/~jeff/openldap/

Looks okay.

Cheers,

Ralph_____________________________________________ __
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org

Old 08-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Jeff Sheltren

I've built openldap 2.4.11 packages for el4 and el5. These include
compat packages for openldap 2.2 and 2.3, respectively. Since
openldap 2.4 has a lot of enhancements over 2.3, I thought it may be
valuable to have in ie. the centosplus repo. Also, having the same
version of openldap available for centos4 and centos5 may be nice for
people. What do you think?

What do you do with packages linked against openldap (samba comes to
mind)?
That's why I didn't build the overlays package for CentOS 4 (as that
can only

be done in 2.3 upwards), but just in 5.
The idea is that the compat-openldap packages are reproducing the
version of openldap that is in base. That way everything built
against openldap will still find the correct libraries.

How about adding an overlays package also? (No need for the smbk5pwd
patch,
maybe) I do need at least two of the provided overlays. See the
openldap spec

in the SRPM on http://dev.centos.org/.

I'll check it out. Thanks for your feedback.

-Jeff