Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Karanbir Singh

Default Testing packages: yum, python-urlgrabber, yum-utils

The following packages are now available in the CentOS-5-Testing
repository :

yum-3.2.17-0_beta_18_2.el5.centos
yum-utils-1.1.14-0_beta_15_2.el5.centos
python-urlgrabber-3.1.0-4.el5.centos

Notes:
- Not all the CentOS Specific patches are rolled into these packages,
and as I push them in, the packages will get updated. So yum update often!
- yum-utils does not have all plugins enabled as yet either, that will
be done with the next build ( this Sunday 17th ).

Please leave feedback, either here on this list, or at
http://bugs.centos.org/ mark the bugs against

project: CentOS-5
component: yum

We are specially interested in hearing feedback from people who had/run
into issues with the move from yum-3.0 to yum 3.2 with the CentOs-5.2
release.

- KB

Old 08-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> The following packages are now available in the CentOS-5-Testing
> repository :
>
> yum-3.2.17-0_beta_18_2.el5.centos
> yum-utils-1.1.14-0_beta_15_2.el5.centos
> python-urlgrabber-3.1.0-4.el5.centos
>
> Please leave feedback, either here on this list, or at
> http://bugs.centos.org/ mark the bugs against

If you want to report problems on bugs.centos.org, please do add to the
yum-3.2.17 tracking bug:

<http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3084>

Thanks,

Ralph

Old 08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
"William L. Maltby"

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 13:39 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > The following packages are now available in the CentOS-5-Testing
> > repository :
> >
> > yum-3.2.17-0_beta_18_2.el5.centos
> > yum-utils-1.1.14-0_beta_15_2.el5.centos
> > python-urlgrabber-3.1.0-4.el5.centos

Not directly related to these specific packages, but I did a

yum update yum*

with appropriate enable/disable repository parameters. The yum-changelog
in the c5-testing repository requires python-dateutil from rpmforge,
which may not be enabled by the end user. I added a note to the same bug
tracker entry since the error is caused by yum components in c5-testing.

If we need a separate bug item let me know. If this is not really a bug
at all, sorry for the noise.

> <snip>

> If you want to report problems on bugs.centos.org, please do add to the
> yum-3.2.17 tracking bug:
>
> <http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3084>

Added note to that bug entry.

--
Bill

Old 08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Karanbir Singh

William L. Maltby wrote:

with appropriate enable/disable repository parameters. The yum-changelog
in the c5-testing repository requires python-dateutil from rpmforge,
which may not be enabled by the end user. I added a note to the same bug
tracker entry since the error is caused by yum components in c5-testing.

Yes, this was already pointed out. a version of python-dateutil will be
added to the c5-testing repo shortly.

- KB

Old 09-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Karanbir Singh

Updated packages including python-dateutil and yum-3.2.19-6.el5.centos
will appear shortly in the Testing repo. As before, please test and
feedback at http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3084

There is an update for yum-utils as well, but I need to spend sometime
working through the extra plugins we enable.

Also, James pointed out that all issues reported against yum-3.2.17 are
now fixed in this updated version. Make sure you cross check, just to
make sure

Old 09-03-2008, 08:37 PM
David Hrbác(

Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> Updated packages including python-dateutil and yum-3.2.19-6.el5.centos
> will appear shortly in the Testing repo. As before, please test and
> feedback at http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3084
>
> There is an update for yum-utils as well, but I need to spend sometime
> working through the extra plugins we enable.
>
> Also, James pointed out that all issues reported against yum-3.2.17 are
> now fixed in this updated version. Make sure you cross check, just to
> make sure

Seems to be ok.
DH

Old 09-03-2008, 08:58 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 4:43 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:

<snip>
> - yum-utils does not have all plugins enabled as yet either, that will be
> done with the next build ( this Sunday 17th ).

-1 (literally) or -10 (numerically) depending on how you look at it
and provided "Sunday" is correct :-D