Old 08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Jeff Johnson

Default libc.so.6(GLIBC_PRIVATE)(64bit) is needed but I cannot find it in CentOS 5.2

On Aug 13, 2008, at 8:00 AM, Erez Zilber wrote:

The workaround that I found is to add the following line to the spec
file: "provides: libc.so.6(GLIBC_PRIVATE)(64bit)"
I guess that there should be a better solution for that. Any idea?

Adding the Provides: "works", but is likely going to cause pain if/when
you distribute your package.

rpmbuild filters GLIBC_PRIVATE Provides: because "You're not supposed to
use GLIBC_PRIVATE symbols."

There's a macro to disable the Provides: filtering; see either the
glibc.spec
file, or examine rpm sources. I'll leave the exercise to you, because
you

really ought not to use GLIBC_PRIVATE symbols.

73 de Jeff