Old 08-09-2008, 08:53 AM
"Marcus Moeller"

Default Artwork Project

Dear Alain

> We have put on the wiki some workarounds about CentOS image rendering,
> a proposition to manage translation in a common point (using svn), and
> a new motive design (for CentOS 5.3 maybe).

> Please, any comment, suggestions will be appreciated.

First thanks for the reorganization of the content and the additions.
Concerning the new 'Flower Tree' design, I would personally prefer if
you could leave out the bright white overlay and just keep the light
blue forms. (like on the centosX-grub-splash-2.svg)

Maybe you could also reduce the number of 'swirls' on
centosX-anaconda-header-2.svg and on
centosX-anaconda-firstboot-left-2.svg.

Keep on your good work.
Marcus

Old 08-09-2008, 11:12 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 8/9/08, Marcus Moeller <mm@gcug.de> wrote:
> Dear Alain
>
>> We have put on the wiki some workarounds about CentOS image rendering,
>> a proposition to manage translation in a common point (using svn), and
>> a new motive design (for CentOS 5.3 maybe).

>> Please, any comment, suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> First thanks for the reorganization of the content and the additions.
> Concerning the new 'Flower Tree' design, I would personally prefer if
> you could leave out the bright white overlay and just keep the light
> blue forms. (like on the centosX-grub-splash-2.svg)

Thank you so much for answering Marcus.

Lets give it a try ... I'll create a new template set to draw your
idea. Then they will be released in the Main tar.gz file for you to
see.

Remember that you (and everybody) can change the actual templates to
make whatever design you want to.

> Maybe you could also reduce the number of 'swirls' on
> centosX-anaconda-header-2.svg and on
> centosX-anaconda-firstboot-left-2.svg.

It will be included in the above template set too.

> Keep on your good work.
> Marcus

ok ... want to mention that my actual reference is
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ArtWork . Hi MairinDuffy, your work is a
guide to me.

The next we are planning to do (after get something to show to Marcus)
is The CentOS CD/DVD Media Artwork. Ideas are already welcome .

Karan: I have not forgotten Mantis site design.

Note: If someone have already rendered something with render.sh, would
be nice to hear it. Ideas to improve this are also welcome.

Cheers,
al.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:09 PM
"Marcus Moeller"

Dear Alain.

> Lets give it a try ... I'll create a new template set to draw your
> idea. Then they will be released in the Main tar.gz file for you to
> see.

I have noticed that you have updated the wallpapers.

> Remember that you (and everybody) can change the actual templates to
> make whatever design you want to.

I personally prefer wallpaper 3.sed which now looks very clean and professional

> ok ... want to mention that my actual reference is
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ArtWork . Hi MairinDuffy, your work is a
> guide to me.

Maybe you remember the Infinity design from Fedora8 which is my favorite:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8Themes/Infinity/Round3Final

But your one is also great.

> The next we are planning to do (after get something to show to Marcus)
> is The CentOS CD/DVD Media Artwork. Ideas are already welcome .

TuxBrothers already designed good looking Media Artwork for CentOS 4 and 5:

http://www.tuxbrothers.net/site2/e107_plugins/wrap/wrap.php?1

We could take this as inspiration for the upcoming version.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Karanbir Singh

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

Hi,

We have put on the wiki some workarounds about CentOS image rendering,
a proposition to manage translation in a common point (using svn), and
a new motive design (for CentOS 5.3 maybe).

sounds interesting. Let me see if I can get an updated artwork rpm into
testing so people can look at it.

- the wiki theme has been updated.
- a trac theme has been created. (for our project trac site)

Let me see if we can massage that into our trac instance as well!

- a new browser default page is proposed.

I like this, will be rolled into the next browser updates.

- customized apache errors design is proposed to install on our web servers.

Prolly need to consider this one a bit.

- some minor modifications to the default Apache test page is proposed.

- some powered by CentOS images were created.

Sounds good, we should prolly all start using these as much as possible

Could it have a space on projects.centos.org, and a svn repo for
others to collaborate ? what we need to get it there ?

Talk to me, I can get the things setup.

- KB

Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Karanbir Singh

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

The next we are planning to do (after get something to show to Marcus)
is The CentOS CD/DVD Media Artwork. Ideas are already welcome .

Karan: I have not forgotten Mantis site design.

Sounds good! one thing that would be nice is to get more people involved
with the artwork side of things, ideas on how we might be able to do
that are quite welcome! I feel you are really working quite hard on
this, a bit of help would be nice ?

- KB

Old 08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 8/12/08, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
>> The next we are planning to do (after get something to show to Marcus)
>> is The CentOS CD/DVD Media Artwork. Ideas are already welcome .
>>
>> Karan: I have not forgotten Mantis site design.
>
> Sounds good! one thing that would be nice is to get more people involved
> with the artwork side of things, ideas on how we might be able to do
> that are quite welcome! I feel you are really working quite hard on
> this, a bit of help would be nice ?

Yes! That would be really nice. We can see people making templates for
CentOS with really cool designs and adding them to our rendering
system ... and developers using a local working copy of the rendering
system to get images from those templates.

Cheers,
al.