Old 02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
"Worsham, Michael"

Default CentOS 5.x for Sparc?

In the past (http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2008-August/003082.html),
I had tried to boot my SunFire V120 server with the CentOS-5 Sparc tftp64.img,
but discovered that the tftp64.img does not have the SunGem driver available in
it. I had posted to the CentOS Bugzilla site about the sungem driver (http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3061)
source code that I found, but there is a note from one of the developers about building
a device driver. The bug report is still in a ‘new’ status.

*

My questions are – How can building a device driver be
done and how do I use it prior to when I am attempting to start the CentOS
installation via TFTP only? The Sparc server doesn’t have a floppy or
CD-Rom drive attached, thus TFTP is the only way to remotely boot this server
environment.

*

-- Michael

*