Old 07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Joshua Baker-LePain

Default Bad checksums in repodata

It seems like there are some bad checksums in the updates repodata for
the x86_64 5.2 tree (the onlyone I've checked). Trying to update a
freshly installed (and fairly minimal, so I don't know exactly how
many packages are affected) system I get:

http://$myserver/yum/updates/centos-5/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
http://$myserver/yum/updates/centos-5/x86_64/RPMS/yum-3.2.8-9.el5.centos.2.1.noarch.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
http://$myserver/yum/updates/centos-5/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download

And, indeed, checking the sha1sums of those packages against the values in
repodata/primary.xml.gz shows that they differ. I verified this against
multiple mirrors. Running 'createrepo' fixes the issue.

It seems like there's already a hint of this as Issue 2997.

Thanks.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin

Old 07-31-2008, 03:32 AM
Johnny Hughes

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
[...]

This issue should have been cleared up long ago

where are you syncing your info from

Old 07-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Joshua Baker-LePain

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 at 10:32pm, Johnny Hughes wrote

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
It seems like there are some bad checksums in the updates repodata for the
x86_64 5.2 tree (the onlyone I've checked). Trying to update a freshly
installed (and fairly minimal, so I don't know exactly how many packages
are affected) system I get:

*snip*

This issue should have been cleared up long ago

where are you syncing your info from

I had tried both rsync://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/CentOS/5.2/updates and
rsync://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/centos/5/updates, with the same result.
Both had all the latest package updates (e.g. nss_ldap) but also the bad
checksums. I just checked
http://mirror.stanford.edu/yum/pub/centos/5/updates and it was wrong as
well.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Johnny Hughes

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
It seems like there are some bad checksums in the updates repodata
for the x86_64 5.2 tree (the onlyone I've checked). Trying to update
a freshly installed (and fairly minimal, so I don't know exactly how
many packages are affected) system I get:

*snip*

This issue should have been cleared up long ago

where are you syncing your info from

I had tried both rsync://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/CentOS/5.2/updates and
rsync://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/centos/5/updates, with the same
result. Both had all the latest package updates (e.g. nss_ldap) but also
the bad checksums. I just checked
http://mirror.stanford.edu/yum/pub/centos/5/updates and it was wrong as
well.

I have pushed all those with new dates today ... the issue is that the
date and size is the same, so it does not check the md5 checksum.

The change in time SHOULD make it push all files out to all the mirrors.

It may take several hours for the mirrors to get updated

Old 08-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Joshua Baker-LePain

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 at 12:33pm, Johnny Hughes wrote

I have pushed all those with new dates today ... the issue is that the date
and size is the same, so it does not check the md5 checksum.

The change in time SHOULD make it push all files out to all the mirrors.

It may take several hours for the mirrors to get updated

Looks good -- thanks!