Old 07-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Joshua Baker-LePain

Default yum-cron missing from x86_64 tree

It would seem that yum-cron is missing from the x86_64 tree. Is there any
reason for this, or am I just missing something?

Thanks!

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin

Old 07-10-2008, 01:21 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@duke.edu> wrote:
> It would seem that yum-cron is missing from the x86_64 tree. Is there any
> reason for this, or am I just missing something?

It is in the extras repository. yum should find it for you.

Akemi

Old 07-10-2008, 04:24 AM
Joshua Baker-LePain

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 at 6:21pm, Akemi Yagi wrote

It would seem that yum-cron is missing from the x86_64 tree. Is there any
reason for this, or am I just missing something?

It is in the extras repository. yum should find it for you.

Ah, I see that. Is there any reason it's in base for i386 and extras for
x86_64? That's what threw me off, along with the fact that in 5.1 it's in
base for both archs.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Jeff Sheltren

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 at 6:21pm, Akemi Yagi wrote

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Joshua Baker-LePain
It would seem that yum-cron is missing from the x86_64 tree. Is
there any

reason for this, or am I just missing something?

It is in the extras repository. yum should find it for you.

Ah, I see that. Is there any reason it's in base for i386 and
extras for x86_64? That's what threw me off, along with the fact
that in 5.1 it's in base for both archs.

Yep, just a mix up that it didn't end up in the x86_64 base. Once
Karanbir pushes an update for yum to 5.2, I imagine he'll add yum-cron
in updates as well...?

-Jeff

Old 07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Karanbir Singh

Jeff Sheltren wrote:

Yep, just a mix up that it didn't end up in the x86_64 base. Once
Karanbir pushes an update for yum to 5.2, I imagine he'll add yum-cron
in updates as well...?

yup, thats the plan.

Also, I wonder if anyone is using yum-updatesd and can verify what the
state of play is with that ? does it really work now ?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Mike Zanker

On 10/07/08 11:18, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Also, I wonder if anyone is using yum-updatesd and can verify what the
> state of play is with that ? does it really work now ?

Seems to work - sends me hourly emails when new updates are available: