Old 07-05-2008, 02:07 PM
"Alan Bartlett"

Default Satisfied User - Not.

Hi,

I thought those who don't monitor the fora might be interested in reading this thread - http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15033&forum=14

After reading it, parsing it into a semblance of English & extracting the pertinent information, I paused, took a couple of deep breaths and posted a reply on behalf of us all.

Alan.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:46 PM
"William L. Maltby"

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 15:07 +0100, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought those who don't monitor the fora might be interested in
> reading this thread -
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15033&forum=14
>
> After reading it, parsing it into a semblance of English & extracting
> the pertinent information, I paused, took a couple of deep breaths and
> posted a reply on behalf of us all.

Well, I won't waste my time. I installed my first CentOSs on my
home-built network (IPCop firewall) with no problems. I had really no
experience at networking, other than using it extensively starting long
before I'net.

Now, I feel if I can do it without problems, that poster should be able
to do it with all the research he claims to have done.

That tells me that his problems are not technical, but personal. As
usual, I don't let another's personal problems become mine. That
includes not wasting my time, other than a post such as this one.

--
Bill