Old 07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
David Hrbáč

Default expect x86_64 dependecy

Hi,
seems to me there's bad dependency for expect on x86_64 system. Anyone
to confirm?

David Hrbáč

[root@builder1 ~]# yum install expect
Determining fastest mirrors
* rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
* base: ftp.fi.muni.cz
* updates: ftp.fi.muni.cz
* addons: ftp.fi.muni.cz
* extras: ftp.fi.muni.cz
rpmforge 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00
base 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00
updates 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
addons 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
extras 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package expect.i386 0:5.43.0-5.1 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libtcl8.4.so for package: expect
---> Package expect.x86_64 0:5.43.0-5.1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
---> Package tcl.i386 0:8.4.13-3.fc6 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================== ===========================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================== ===========================
Installing:
expect i386 5.43.0-5.1 base
158 k
expect x86_64 5.43.0-5.1 base
160 k

Installing for dependencies:
tcl i386 8.4.13-3.fc6 base
961 k

Transaction Summary
================================================== ===========================
Install 3 Package(s)
Update 0 Package(s)
Remove 0 Package(s)

Total download size: 1.2 M
Is this ok [y/N]:

Old 07-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Karanbir Singh

David Hrbáč wrote:

Hi,
seems to me there's bad dependency for expect on x86_64 system. Anyone
to confirm?

what do you consider to be the problem here ? expect requires tcl...

Old 07-03-2008, 12:41 PM
David Hrbáč

Karanbir Singh napsal(a):

what do you consider to be the problem here ? expect requires tcl...

Right, and I do have 64bit version installed. Running 'yum install
expect' I get installed 386 version of tcl and both 32/64 expect.

D.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Niels de Vos

David Hrbáč wrote:

Karanbir Singh napsal(a):

what do you consider to be the problem here ? expect requires tcl...

Right, and I do have 64bit version installed. Running 'yum install
expect' I get installed 386 version of tcl and both 32/64 expect.

Maybe with 'yum install expect.x86_64'? Could be related to/the same as
the installatation of httpd-devel of the last days on this ml...

Niels

Old 07-03-2008, 12:48 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:41 PM, David Hrbáč <hrbac.conf@seznam.cz> wrote:
> Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
>>
>> what do you consider to be the problem here ? expect requires tcl...
>
> Right, and I do have 64bit version installed. Running 'yum install expect' I
> get installed 386 version of tcl and both 32/64 expect.

If you do "yum install expect.x86_64" it will install only the 64 bit version.

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)