-   -   xenpv drivers status (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/115872-xenpv-drivers-status.html)

Karanbir Singh 06-29-2008 11:49 PM

xenpv drivers status

I wonder if anyone can check what is to become of the xenpv drivers that
were recently released ( ref:
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2008-0274.html )

They were not included on the 5.2 media... Are they still available from
an EL5.2-from-media install via rhn or something such ?

- KB

"Daniel de Kok" 06-30-2008 11:33 AM

xenpv drivers status

Hi Karanbir,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 1:49 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can check what is to become of the xenpv drivers that
> were recently released ( ref:
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2008-0274.html )
>
> They were not included on the 5.2 media... Are they still available from an
> EL5.2-from-media install via rhn or something such ?

I see a SRPM here:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SRPMS/xenpv-0.1-9.el5.src.rpm

But maybe that's not what you are asking ;).

Take care,
Daniel

Karanbir Singh 06-30-2008 04:05 PM

xenpv drivers status

Hi Daniel,

Daniel de Kok wrote:

I wonder if anyone can check what is to become of the xenpv drivers that
were recently released ( ref:
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2008-0274.html )

I see a SRPM here:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SRPMS/xenpv-0.1-9.el5.src.rpm

the thing is, we released them into 5.1/updates at the time.... but I
did not move them into 5.2 since I was expecting it to be in the distro
already included. But they never made it upstream into the distro at all.

So my question really is, should we move them up into centos-testing,
see if it works, and if so, move them into centos-extras for the time
being, while we wait for upstream to have a clear policy on what they
are doing with these drivers.

Jonathan Dieter 11-22-2008 11:57 AM

xenpv drivers status

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 17:05 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Daniel de Kok wrote:
> > I see a SRPM here:
> > ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SRPMS/xenpv-0.1-9.el5.src.rpm
>
> the thing is, we released them into 5.1/updates at the time.... but I
> did not move them into 5.2 since I was expecting it to be in the distro
> already included. But they never made it upstream into the distro at all.
>
> So my question really is, should we move them up into centos-testing,
> see if it works, and if so, move them into centos-extras for the time
> being, while we wait for upstream to have a clear policy on what they
> are doing with these drivers.

So what's the status on this? I'm going to be using this and would
prefer not to rebuild it myself if it's available from the repositories.

Jonathan

Karanbir Singh 11-23-2008 12:19 PM

xenpv drivers status

Jonathan Dieter wrote:

So what's the status on this? I'm going to be using this and would
prefer not to rebuild it myself if it's available from the repositories.

I have no problems in pushing this into Extras/ repo - but whats the
status of this upstream ?

Jonathan Dieter 11-23-2008 03:20 PM

xenpv drivers status

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 13:19 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> > So what's the status on this? I'm going to be using this and would
> > prefer not to rebuild it myself if it's available from the repositories.
>
> I have no problems in pushing this into Extras/ repo - but whats the
> status of this upstream ?

I'm not sure, but the version at
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SRPMS/xenpv-0.1-9.el5.src.rpm is set up to build against the 5.2 base kernel. I did end up rebuilding it and it's working fine (though removing it after it's been used has caused my virtual machine to restart). Don't know if that helps at all.

Jonathan