FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 AM
Hao Xu
 
Default Question about CentOS 5 comps.xml

Hi!


The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:

ckermit
clustermon
compat-gcc-295
compat-gcc-296
compat-gcc-32
compat-gcc-32-g77
compat-gcc-c++-32
compat-libgcc-295
compat-libstdc++-295
compat-libstdc++-32
conga-devel
ddd
elilo
elsa
fonts-ISO8859-9-75dpi
gfs
gnopernicus
httpd-suexec
inkscape
iprutils
java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-plugin
kdepim-devel
kernel-kdump
kmod-gfs-kdump
kmod-gnbd-kdump
lha
libica
libipathverbs
libpng10-devel
libungif-devel
longrun
mcelog
netconfig
notify-daemon
open
openoffice.org-langpack-ur_IN
openssl-ibmca
perl-Cyrus
ppc64-utils
prctl
pup
rhel-instnum
rhn-check
rhn-setup
rhn-setup-gnome
ricci-modcluster
s390utils
salinfo
strace64
sysfsutils-devel
system-config-printer-gui
totem-mozplugins
valgrind-callgrind
yaboot
yum-rhn-plugin

The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
found in CentOS 5.2 x86_64 release Base repo:

apmd
ckermit
clustermon
compat-gcc-295
compat-gcc-296
compat-gcc-32
compat-gcc-32-g77
compat-gcc-c++-32
compat-libgcc-295
compat-libstdc++-295
compat-libstdc++-32
conga-devel
ddd
elilo
elsa
fonts-ISO8859-9-75dpi
gfs
gnopernicus
gnu-efi
gpart
httpd-suexec
ibmasm
inkscape
iprutils
java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-plugin
kernel-kdump
kmod-gfs-kdump
kmod-gnbd-kdump
lha
libica
libpng10-devel
libungif-devel
longrun
netconfig
notify-daemon
open
openoffice.org-langpack-ur_IN
openssl-ibmca
perl-Cyrus
ppc64-utils
prctl
pup
rhel-instnum
rhn-check
rhn-setup
rhn-setup-gnome
ricci-modcluster
s390utils
salinfo
strace64
sysfsutils-devel
system-config-printer-gui
totem-mozplugins
valgrind-callgrind
yaboot
yum-rhn-plugin

In addition, an `eclipse' group is listed in category `apps', a
`workstation' group is listed in category `base-system', but these two
groups are not defined in comps.xml.

I know that some packages only exist in one arch, e.g. apmd, s390utils,
etc, but what about the others? Do we really need to keep them in the
comps.xml file?


Best regards,
Hao
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 06-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Question about CentOS 5 comps.xml

Hao Xu wrote:
> Hi!
>
>
> The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
> found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:
>

What problem are you trying to fix ?

--
Karanbir Singh
CentOS Project { http://www.centos.org/ }
irc: z00dax, #centos@irc.freenode.net
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Brandon Davidson
 
Default Question about CentOS 5 comps.xml

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hao Xu wrote:
>> The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
>> found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:
>
> What problem are you trying to fix ?

I don't think that there's any suggestion that someone is remiss for not
having cleaned them out; I get the feeling he's just curious why they're
missing.
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 06-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Hao Xu
 
Default Question about CentOS 5 comps.xml

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hao Xu wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>
>> The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
>> found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:
>>
>>
>
> What problem are you trying to fix ?
>

I'm not trying to fix a problem. I'm just asking whether this is a
problem or not.

Hao
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Johnny Hughes
 
Default Question about CentOS 5 comps.xml

Hao Xu wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Hao Xu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>>
>>> The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
>>> found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:
>>>
>>>
>> What problem are you trying to fix ?
>>
>
> I'm not trying to fix a problem. I'm just asking whether this is a
> problem or not.

RPMS named in comps and not in the tree are ignored. These files are in
at least one of the upstream comps files for RHEL5 (server, workstation,
client, cluser, cluster-storage, virtualization, etc.) and therefore are
in the one for CentOS as well.

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 06-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Hao Xu
 
Default Question about CentOS 5 comps.xml

Johnny Hughes 写道:
> Hao Xu wrote:
>
>> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>
>>> Hao Xu wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> The following packages are listed in CentOS 5.2 comps.xml but cannot be
>>>> found in CentOS 5.2 i386 release Base repo:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> What problem are you trying to fix ?
>>>
>>>
>> I'm not trying to fix a problem. I'm just asking whether this is a
>> problem or not.
>>
>
> RPMS named in comps and not in the tree are ignored. These files are in
> at least one of the upstream comps files for RHEL5 (server, workstation,
> client, cluser, cluster-storage, virtualization, etc.) and therefore are
> in the one for CentOS as well.
>
What about `notify-daemon' in comps.xml but `notification-daemon' rpm in
the tree? Is this a bug?
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org