Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 PM
"Joe Royall"

Default Red Hat IPA

Red Hat recentely released thier IPA server as open source.* Is Centos considering a rebuild?
--
Joe Royall

Old 06-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Karanbir Singh

Joe Royall wrote:
Red Hat recentely released thier IPA server as open source. Is Centos
considering a rebuild?

Tim has been planning on having a go once 5.2 is done and released, but
I am sure he can use a hand, Would you be interested in helping out ?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:59 PM
"Joe Royall"

Glad to, pass my info along

Red Hat recentely released thier IPA server as open source. *Is Centos considering a rebuild?

Tim has been planning on having a go once 5.2 is done and released, but I am sure he can use a hand, Would you be interested in helping out ?

--

Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ *: 2522219@icq

Joe Royall
Red Hat Certified Architect
415-684-5402
joe@2resonate.net

Old 06-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Karanbir Singh

Joe Royall wrote:

Glad to, pass my info along

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org
Red Hat recentely released thier IPA server as open source. Is
Centos considering a rebuild?

Tim has been planning on having a go once 5.2 is done and released,
but I am sure he can use a hand, Would you be interested in helping
out ?

Well volunteered!

And Tim is on this list

Old 06-23-2008, 06:20 PM
"Andrea Dell'Amico"

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 19:11 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Joe Royall wrote:
> > Glad to, pass my info along
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org
> > <mailto:mail-lists@karan.org>> wrote:
> >
> > Joe Royall wrote:
> >
> > Red Hat recentely released thier IPA server as open source. Is
> > Centos considering a rebuild?
> >

> > Tim has been planning on having a go once 5.2 is done and released,
> > but I am sure he can use a hand, Would you be interested in helping
> > out ?
> >

> Well volunteered!

I can help too, I have the client built and working. The directory
server packages are needed, and also python-kerberos.

> And Tim is on this list

ciao
andrea
--
No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people
on your side that you wish were on the other.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Andrea Dell'Amico wrote:
> I can help too, I have the client built and working. The directory
> server packages are needed, and also python-kerberos.

For the directory server:

<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/DirectoryServerSetup>

Feedback on that would be great also.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 06-23-2008, 06:38 PM
"Andrea Dell'Amico"

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 20:31 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Andrea Dell'Amico wrote:
> > I can help too, I have the client built and working. The directory
> > server packages are needed, and also python-kerberos.
>
> For the directory server:
>
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/DirectoryServerSetup>

I used that for the build phase, indeed.

> Feedback on that would be great also.

I'll try to set up a server environment and I'll report about it. For
now I'm using Fedora 9 as IPA (ldap, kerberos) server.

> Cheers,
>
> Ralph

ciao
andrea
--
Do. Or do not. There is no try. (Yoda)

Old 06-23-2008, 06:44 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

Just to let everyone known where I'm at right now. The CDS (CenOS
Directory Server) packages are basically ready. We only have some
wording issues to resolve before able to release them to the public
(a.k.a. move them to the normal Extras/CentOSPlus trees).

During LinuxTag I've been able to build and compile the IPA packages
on CentOS. I haven't gotten to testing them yet.

I'll get to both these things when 5.2 is released. So a little patience :-)

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)