Old 06-20-2008, 03:30 PM
"Miguel Filho"

Default Wrong documentation on PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities

Using CentOS 5.1.

The page http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities states that:

"The priorities plugin is available from two locations:
* The priorities plugin has been added to yum-utils since
yum-utils 1.0.1. The version included with yum-utils works with both
yum 2.4.x and 3.0.x. Installation instructions are provided in the
README file that is included in the plugins/priorities directory of
the archive."

So I've installed yum-utils instead of yum-priorities and there is no
plugin on that package.

[miguel@friends ~]$ rpm -q yum-utils
yum-utils-1.0.4-3.el5.centos.2
[miguel@friends ~]$ rpm -ql yum-utils
/usr/bin/package-cleanup
/usr/bin/repo-graph
/usr/bin/repo-rss
/usr/bin/repoclosure
/usr/bin/repomanage
/usr/bin/repoquery
/usr/bin/reposync
/usr/bin/repotrack
/usr/bin/yum-builddep
/usr/bin/yumdownloader
/usr/share/doc/yum-utils-1.0.4
/usr/share/doc/yum-utils-1.0.4/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/yum-utils-1.0.4/README
/usr/share/man/man1/package-cleanup.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/repo-rss.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/repoquery.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/yum-builddep.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/yum-changelog.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/yumdownloader.1.gz

Installing the yum-priorities package actually installed the plugin.
[miguel@friends ~]$ rpm -q yum-priorities
yum-priorities-1.0.4-3.el5.centos.2
[miguel@friends ~]$ rpm -ql yum-priorities
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf
/usr/lib/yum-plugins/priorities.py
/usr/lib/yum-plugins/priorities.pyc
/usr/lib/yum-plugins/priorities.pyo

Did I miss something?

Regards,

Miguel

Old 06-20-2008, 04:18 PM
"Daniel de Kok"

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Miguel Filho <miguel.filho@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> So I've installed yum-utils instead of yum-priorities and there is no
> plugin on that package.

The item you quoted refers to the upstream yum-utils source
repository/tarball. See the item before that for CentOS-specific
information.

Take care,
Daniel

Old 06-20-2008, 05:43 PM
"Miguel Filho"

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Daniel de Kok <me@danieldk.org> wrote:

> The item you quoted refers to the upstream yum-utils source
> repository/tarball. See the item before that for CentOS-specific
> information.

All right. I just felt a little misguided by documentation because it
says: "The priorities plugin has been added to yum-utils since
yum-utils 1.0.1". So since vertion 1.0.4 is installed the first thing
that came to my mind was: "Well, I already have that".

Regards,

Miguel

Old 06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
"Daniel de Kok"

Hi Miguel,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Miguel Filho <miguel.filho@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Daniel de Kok <me@danieldk.org> wrote:
>>
>> The item you quoted refers to the upstream yum-utils source
>> repository/tarball. See the item before that for CentOS-specific
>> information.
>
> All right. I just felt a little misguided by documentation because it
> says: "The priorities plugin has been added to yum-utils since
> yum-utils 1.0.1". So since vertion 1.0.4 is installed the first thing
> that came to my mind was: "Well, I already have that".

Good point, I have clarified that item a bit. Hopefully it is less
confusing now?

Take care,
Daniel