Old 11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
bardo

Default Help needed with the xsensors package

Hi guys.
I'm asking for a little help with xsensors. I'm trying to make it work
with the new lm_sensors: there's a patch and it fixes compilation
errors, but I can only get a segfault when I run the program.

Debugging (after adding '#define DEBUG_XSENSORS') finds the
incriminated function, add_sensor_tab() in src/gui.c:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/xsensors
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
Adding tab for coretemp
Adding feature 1, Core 0.
curvalue = 48,000000, curmax = 10000,000000, curmin = 0,000000,
percent = 0,004800

Adding tab for coretemp
Adding feature 1, Core 1.
curvalue = 50,000000, curmax = 10000,000000, curmin = 0,000000,
percent = 0,005000

Adding tab for w83627dhg
Adding feature 1, VCore.
Adding feature 2, in1.
Adding feature 3, AVCC.
Adding feature 4, 3VCC.
Adding feature 5, in4.
Adding feature 6, in5.
Adding feature 7, in6.
Adding feature 8, VSB.
Adding feature 9, VBAT.
Adding feature 10, Case Fan.
Adding feature 11, CPU Fan.
Adding feature 12, Aux Fan.
Adding feature 13, fan4.
Adding feature 14, fan5.
Adding feature 15, Sys Temp.
Adding feature 16, CPU Temp.
Adding feature 17, AUX Temp.
Adding feature 18, cpu0_vid.

0x08049f67 in add_sensor_tab ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0x08049f67 in add_sensor_tab ()
#1 0x0804b22e in start_gui ()
#2 0x08049914 in main ()

I can't get beyond this: gtk is not in my knowledge base, and the
function just looks ok to me.
Can anybody help me? Attached you can find the PKGBUILD.

Thanks,
Corrado

Old 12-01-2007, 08:53 AM
JJDaNiMoTh

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:20:04 +0100
bardo <ilbardo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys.
> I'm asking for a little help with xsensors. I'm trying to make it work
> with the new lm_sensors: there's a patch and it fixes compilation
> errors, but I can only get a segfault when I run the program.

Hi bardo, I try debugging and I found that errors aren't related to gtk code.
The main problem is when current->next (line 476 of gui.c) point to 0x00
(is null). Then , the sigsegv is caused on line 502, by
switch ( current->feattype ), because current is null. I insert some control,
now I can't receive sigsegv anymore, but I think that the program doesn't run
properly.
The controls that I've insert are like if ( current != NULL ) { ... }.
If you want to see proof-of-concept patch, conctact me in pvt, I think
that we're annoying the readers

--
JJDaNiMoTh - ArchLinux Trusted User

Old 12-01-2007, 10:56 AM
bardo

2007/12/1, JJDaNiMoTh <jjdanimoth@gmail.com>:
> The controls that I've insert are like if ( current != NULL ) { ... }.
> If you want to see proof-of-concept patch, conctact me in pvt, I think
> that we're annoying the readers

Thanks for the great work, I'm going to test the patch you sent me as
soon as I can. I'll continue the discussion in private, if needed.

Corrado