-   -   nss-pam-ldap on AUR (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/712501-nss-pam-ldap-aur.html)

Thiago Kenji Okada 10-15-2012 04:54 PM

nss-pam-ldap on AUR

I am trying to setup LDAP and NSS/PAM authentication on my laboratory, but
had some serious issues with nss_ldap (the system boot would lock-up when
udev starts), so I was looking for alternatives when I found the
nss-pam-ldap module (http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/), which works
great.

The problem is, we have three different nss-pam-ldap PKGBUILDs on AUR, and
neither of them is good (no one has systemd service files, all of them are
out of date, one doesn't even install correctly). I would maintain my own
package (that is a mix of some of these packages), but since there is
already three differents packages I choose to not do so (well, I can't even
think of a appropriate name since all of them are taken).

So we have a problem here, I can maintain a package since it's of my own
interest (at least until I discover how to use the nss_ldap module without
problems), but I can't simple create another one. Here are the three
nss-pam-ldap modules on AUR:

Thiago Kenji Okada <thiago.mast3r@gmail.com>
PGP Key: EEC09705

Jonathan Steel 10-15-2012 05:24 PM

nss-pam-ldap on AUR

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 01:54:50PM -0300, Thiago Kenji Okada wrote:
> I am trying to setup LDAP and NSS/PAM authentication on my laboratory, but
> had some serious issues with nss_ldap (the system boot would lock-up when
> udev starts), so I was looking for alternatives when I found the nss-pam-ldap
> module (http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/), which works great.
>
> The problem is, we have three different nss-pam-ldap PKGBUILDs on AUR, and
> neither of them is good (no one has systemd service files, all of them are
> out of date, one doesn't even install correctly). I would maintain my own
> package (that is a mix of some of these packages), but since there is already
> three differents packages I choose to not do so (well, I can't even think of
> a appropriate name since all of them are taken).
>
> So we have a problem here, I can maintain a package since it's of my own
> interest (at least until I discover how to use the nss_ldap module without
> problems), but I can't simple create another one. Here are the three
> nss-pam-ldap modules on AUR: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62383

I have deleted nslcd as the maintainer admitted it was only created because
nss-ldapd was not working.

It looks like it should be called "nss-pam-ldapd" (same as upstream). The
maintainer of that updated a package a month ago, so worth sending them an
email to help fix/update the package. If they do not respond within two weeks
we can disown it so you can update it.

--
Jonathan Steel

Jonathan Steel 10-15-2012 06:04 PM

nss-pam-ldap on AUR

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 06:24:42PM +0100, Jonathan Steel wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 01:54:50PM -0300, Thiago Kenji Okada wrote:
> > I am trying to setup LDAP and NSS/PAM authentication on my laboratory, but
> > had some serious issues with nss_ldap (the system boot would lock-up when
> > udev starts), so I was looking for alternatives when I found the nss-pam-ldap
> > module (http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/), which works great.
> >
> > The problem is, we have three different nss-pam-ldap PKGBUILDs on AUR, and
> > neither of them is good (no one has systemd service files, all of them are
> > out of date, one doesn't even install correctly). I would maintain my own
> > package (that is a mix of some of these packages), but since there is already
> > three differents packages I choose to not do so (well, I can't even think of
> > a appropriate name since all of them are taken).
> >
> > So we have a problem here, I can maintain a package since it's of my own
> > interest (at least until I discover how to use the nss_ldap module without
> > problems), but I can't simple create another one. Here are the three
> > nss-pam-ldap modules on AUR: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62383
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38167
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=61149
>
> I have deleted nslcd as the maintainer admitted it was only created because
> nss-ldapd was not working.
>
> It looks like it should be called "nss-pam-ldapd" (same as upstream). The
> maintainer of that updated a package a month ago, so worth sending them an
> email to help fix/update the package. If they do not respond within two weeks
> we can disown it so you can update it.

Also merged nss-ldapd with nss-pam-ldapd as that is the upstream name.

--
Jonathan Steel

Thiago Kenji Okada 10-15-2012 06:56 PM

nss-pam-ldap on AUR

Ok, I'll try to update the PKGBUILD to the last version (and include the
systemd service file) and will contact the maintainer.

--
Thiago Kenji Okada <thiago.mast3r@gmail.com>
Graduando em Bacharelado em Ciências da Computação - Turma 2010