Old 10-14-2012, 03:11 AM
skydrome

Default aur and systemd service files

Im not sure if this has been asked/answered yet as i couldnt find a
previous question.

When installing service files in aur packages, even if the service file
hasnt changed the user will be met with "Unit file foo changed, it is
recommended to run systemctl daemon-reload".

The question is would it be recommended to do this automatically in
post_upgrade()?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Ike Devolder

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 03:11:51AM +0000, skydrome wrote:
> Im not sure if this has been asked/answered yet as i couldnt find a previous
> question.
>
> When installing service files in aur packages, even if the service file
> hasnt changed the user will be met with "Unit file foo changed, it is
> recommended to run systemctl daemon-reload".
>
> The question is would it be recommended to do this automatically in
> post_upgrade()?

you could do this in post_upgrade, but i personally would leave the
option to the user if he/she restarts the service.

--
Ike

Old 10-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

On 14.10.2012 05:11, skydrome wrote:
> Im not sure if this has been asked/answered yet as i couldnt find a
> previous question.
>
> When installing service files in aur packages, even if the service
> file hasnt changed the user will be met with "Unit file foo changed,
> it is recommended to run systemctl daemon-reload".
>
> The question is would it be recommended to do this automatically in
> post_upgrade()?

In Arch we never restart daemons automatically for the user after
package installation and that's the way the users expect it to be. Let's
keep it that way.