-   -   Merge request: python-openid -> python2-openid (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/711617-merge-request-python-openid-python2-openid.html)

"Benjamin A. Shelton" 10-11-2012 09:07 PM

Merge request: python-openid -> python2-openid

In keeping with the Python Package Guidelines[1], I am requesting that
python-openid[2] be merged into python2-openid[3]. The original package
had been orphaned for some time, and I have asked the maintainers of
dependent packages to switch their dependencies to python2-openid. It
appears to me that the only packages still listing python-openid are
orphans and have been for a least a year; all packages with active
maintainers have switched accordingly.

Prior to sending this request, I have adopted at least one of the
remaining orphaned packages still depending on python-openid and will be
updating its dependencies this evening.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Python_Package_Guidelines

Connor Behan 10-11-2012 09:53 PM

On 11/10/12 02:07 PM, Benjamin A. Shelton wrote:
> In keeping with the Python Package Guidelines[1], I am requesting that
> python-openid[2] be merged into python2-openid[3]. The original package
> had been orphaned for some time, and I have asked the maintainers of
> dependent packages to switch their dependencies to python2-openid. It
> appears to me that the only packages still listing python-openid are
> orphans and have been for a least a year; all packages with active
> maintainers have switched accordingly.
>
> Prior to sending this request, I have adopted at least one of the
> remaining orphaned packages still depending on python-openid and will be
> updating its dependencies this evening.
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Python_Package_Guidelines

Merged, thanks.