Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Marcel Korpel

Default Some advice requested

Hi all,

As xf86-input-evdev-remap [1] is out of date and
xf86-input-evdev-remap-git is non-existent, I tried to create the
latter. I have a few questions for you and would like you to have a
look at my PKGBUILD [2] before I put it in the AUR.

1) In general, is this the correct way to write a PKGBUILD that
compiles from a GIT repository with two pulls? My GIT capabilities are
not that high, I merely followed the instructions on MythTV.org. [3]

2) What is pkgconfig? It's a makedepend in the AUR PKGBUILD [1], but
not in the stock evdev driver. [4] Also, I can't find a package by
that name in the repos, but my package builds (and works) fine.

3) Why is my default editor launched just after pulling and applying
the patches (l. 39)?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Marcel Korpel

[2] http://pastebin.com/qFVfHyyp
[3] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Remapping_remote_control_key_codes_greater_than_25 5
[4] https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/xf86-input-evdev

Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Limao Luo

1. You don't need to worry about pkgconfig; it's part of a package
called core/pkg-config, which is part of [base-devel], which anyone
using the AUR should have installed.
2. Here's [1] a slightly "fixed" example PKGBUILD; you would still have
to somehow deal with the compilation problems, but at least this script
doesn't prompt you for the editor (due to the --no-edit flag). Also,
just remember to quote all your $pkgdir and $srcdir vars.

[1] https://gist.github.com/3895860

Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 PM
"Stefan Husmann"

As xf86-input-evdev-remap [1] is out of date and
xf86-input-evdev-remap-git is non-existent, I tried to create the
latter. I have a few questions for you and would like you to have a
look at my PKGBUILD [2] before I put it in the AUR.

1) In general, is this the correct way to write a PKGBUILD that
compiles from a GIT repository with two pulls? My GIT capabilities are
not that high, I merely followed the instructions on MythTV.org. [3]

You can have a look at the template for git-PKGBUILD that comes with pacman.
/usr/share/pacman/PKGBUILD-git.proto
Normally only one pull ist needed, but it may be okay to use two if
upstream's build advices tell you so.

Best regards Stefan