Old 10-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Chris Brannon

Default TU resignation: Chris Brannon

Hello all,
I regret that it has come time for me to resign from Arch Linux, at
least for now. I have a lot of things going on in my life, with a new
job, a major cross-country move, and so forth. I haven't really been
attending to my Arch responsibilities, and that isn't really good for
Arch. I hope to be able to reapply at some later date. The list of my
packages is at the bottom of this message. Anyway, it has been fun.
The Arch Linux community is great. It's one of the greatest things
about this distro.

PS. I'll continue maintaining my TalkingArch project. People who are
using it needn't worry.

-- Chris

List of packages:
9base
bsd-games
cdcd
cdck
cddb_get
curlftpfs
cxxtest
ddclient
dtach
dumb
epydoc
esekeyd
espeakup
flac123
gnormalize
jython
libxml-perl
luadoc
luafilesystem
luajit
lualogging
luarocks
mget
mldonkey
ndisc6
perl-file-nfslock
perl-freezethaw
perl-net-smtp-ssl
plan9port
python2-pyparsing
python-flup
python-foolscap
python-fuse
python-mechanize
python-mpdclient2
python-musicbrainz2
python-paramiko
python-pyparsing
python-webpy
sloccount
speakup-utils
tcpflow
urlgrabber
webfs

Old 10-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Bartłomiej Piotrowski

On 10/07/2012 05:30 PM, Chris Brannon wrote:
> Hello all,
> I regret that it has come time for me to resign from Arch Linux, at
> least for now. I have a lot of things going on in my life, with a new
> job, a major cross-country move, and so forth. I haven't really been
> attending to my Arch responsibilities, and that isn't really good for
> Arch. I hope to be able to reapply at some later date. The list of my
> packages is at the bottom of this message. Anyway, it has been fun.
> The Arch Linux community is great. It's one of the greatest things
> about this distro.
>
> PS. I'll continue maintaining my TalkingArch project. People who are
> using it needn't worry.
>
> -- Chris
>
> List of packages:
> 9base
> bsd-games
> cdcd
> cdck
> cddb_get
> curlftpfs
> cxxtest
> ddclient
> dtach
> dumb
> epydoc
> esekeyd
> espeakup
> flac123
> gnormalize
> jython
> libxml-perl
> luadoc
> luafilesystem
> luajit
> lualogging
> luarocks
> mget
> mldonkey
> ndisc6
> perl-file-nfslock
> perl-freezethaw
> perl-net-smtp-ssl
> plan9port
> python2-pyparsing
> python-flup
> python-foolscap
> python-fuse
> python-mechanize
> python-mpdclient2
> python-musicbrainz2
> python-paramiko
> python-pyparsing
> python-webpy
> sloccount
> speakup-utils
> tcpflow
> urlgrabber
> webfs

Thanks for all your work. I really hope you'll reapply one day. Good
luck and take care of yourself.

--
Bartłomiej Piotrowski

Old 10-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

I regret that it has come time for me to resign from Arch Linux, at
least for now. I have a lot of things going on in my life, with a new
job, a major cross-country move, and so forth. I haven't really been
attending to my Arch responsibilities, and that isn't really good for
Arch. I hope to be able to reapply at some later date. The list of my
packages is at the bottom of this message. Anyway, it has been fun.
The Arch Linux community is great. It's one of the greatest things
about this distro.

PS. I'll continue maintaining my TalkingArch project. People who are
using it needn't worry.

-- Chris

Aw, sad to see you go. Maybe you'll return to us one day.

I'll snatch luajit.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Dave Reisner

On Oct 7, 2012 11:31 AM, "Chris Brannon" <chris@the-brannons.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I regret that it has come time for me to resign from Arch Linux, at
> least for now. I have a lot of things going on in my life, with a new
> job, a major cross-country move, and so forth. I haven't really been
> attending to my Arch responsibilities, and that isn't really good for
> Arch. I hope to be able to reapply at some later date. The list of my
> packages is at the bottom of this message. Anyway, it has been fun.
> The Arch Linux community is great. It's one of the greatest things
> about this distro.

Aww sad to see you leave, Chris. Being an SRE is quite demanding, and it
understandable that other things will slip. Don't let the goog work you too
hard, though .

Dave

Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Rashif Ray Rahman

On 7 October 2012 23:30, Chris Brannon <chris@the-brannons.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I regret that it has come time for me to resign from Arch Linux, at
> least for now. I have a lot of things going on in my life, with a new
> job, a major cross-country move, and so forth. I haven't really been
> attending to my Arch responsibilities, and that isn't really good for
> Arch. I hope to be able to reapply at some later date. The list of my
> packages is at the bottom of this message. Anyway, it has been fun.
> The Arch Linux community is great. It's one of the greatest things
> about this distro.
>
> PS. I'll continue maintaining my TalkingArch project. People who are
> using it needn't worry.
>
> -- Chris
>
> List of packages:
> 9base
> bsd-games
> cdcd
> cdck
> cddb_get
> curlftpfs
> cxxtest
> ddclient
> dtach
> dumb
> epydoc
> esekeyd
> espeakup
> flac123
> gnormalize
> jython
> libxml-perl
> luadoc
> luafilesystem
> luajit
> lualogging
> luarocks
> mget
> mldonkey
> ndisc6
> perl-file-nfslock
> perl-freezethaw
> perl-net-smtp-ssl
> plan9port
> python2-pyparsing
> python-flup
> python-foolscap
> python-fuse
> python-mechanize
> python-mpdclient2
> python-musicbrainz2
> python-paramiko
> python-pyparsing
> python-webpy
> sloccount
> speakup-utils
> tcpflow
> urlgrabber
> webfs

Hey Chris

You will be missed, but it's all for the best (congrats on the new job;
well worth the move). Take care and good luck!

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1

Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Tom Gundersen

Hi Chris,

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Chris Brannon <chris@the-brannons.com> wrote:
> I regret that it has come time for me to resign from Arch Linux, at
> least for now.

That's a real shame! I hope you'll be back with us in not too long. In
the meantime best of luck with your new job!

Cheers,

Tom

Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Laurent Carlier

Le dimanche 7 octobre 2012 08:30:44 Chris Brannon a écrit :
> Hello all,
> I regret that it has come time for me to resign from Arch Linux, at
> least for now. I have a lot of things going on in my life, with a new
> job, a major cross-country move, and so forth. I haven't really been
> attending to my Arch responsibilities, and that isn't really good for
> Arch. I hope to be able to reapply at some later date. The list of my
> packages is at the bottom of this message. Anyway, it has been fun.
> The Arch Linux community is great. It's one of the greatest things
> about this distro.
>
> PS. I'll continue maintaining my TalkingArch project. People who are
> using it needn't worry.
>
> -- Chris

Sad to see you living us! Hope you'll have lot of fun in your real live, and
see you soon back as a TU.

Thanks for all your good work pal!

++

Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Connor Behan

On 07/10/12 08:30 AM, Chris Brannon wrote:
> List of packages:
> 9base
> bsd-games
> cdcd
> cdck
> cddb_get
> curlftpfs
> cxxtest
> ddclient
> dtach
> dumb
> epydoc
> esekeyd
> espeakup
> flac123
> gnormalize
> jython
> libxml-perl
> luadoc
> luafilesystem
> luajit
> lualogging
> luarocks
> mget
> mldonkey
> ndisc6
> perl-file-nfslock
> perl-freezethaw
> perl-net-smtp-ssl
> plan9port
> python2-pyparsing
> python-flup
> python-foolscap
> python-fuse
> python-mechanize
> python-mpdclient2
> python-musicbrainz2
> python-paramiko
> python-pyparsing
> python-webpy
> sloccount
> speakup-utils
> tcpflow
> urlgrabber
> webfs
Looking for maintainers? I'll take python-pyparsing, python2-pyparsing
and perl-net-smtp-ssl. As others have said... congratulations on your
new job!

Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Kyle

Sorry to see you go. The new job is good though. Good to know you'll
still be providing the Talking Arch images. Thanks for all your great work.

~Kyle
--
Linux killed Kenny, bastard!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Sébastien Luttringer

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Chris Brannon <chris@the-brannons.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I regret that it has come time for me to resign from Arch Linux, at
> least for now. I have a lot of things going on in my life, with a new
> job, a major cross-country move, and so forth. I haven't really been
> attending to my Arch responsibilities, and that isn't really good for
> Arch. I hope to be able to reapply at some later date. The list of my
> packages is at the bottom of this message. Anyway, it has been fun.
> The Arch Linux community is great. It's one of the greatest things
> about this distro.

Thank you for took care of packages I use. Congrats for you new position.

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net