-   -   psad package probably orphaned (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/708541-psad-package-probably-orphaned.html)

xartii 09-30-2012 05:01 PM

psad package probably orphaned

Hi,

First of all sorry for all the mess I may do with this mail but it's my
first message to this group.

Some time ago I found that psad package in AUR is out of date (version
in AUR 2.1.7, current version 2.2).
On 19 Jun 2012 I posted a comment hoping maintainer will notice it,
however no reaction.
Then I flagged the package as out of date (13 Jul 2012), still no reaction.
After a long time of waiting I mailed the maintainer (24 Sep 2012) if
he's planning to update the package because if not I could take the
maintanance over. Until now I recieved no answer.

Here's my question. Can some TU orphan the package so I can take care of
it? I mean update and maintain later.

Peace,
xartii

Limao Luo 09-30-2012 05:23 PM

psad package probably orphaned

Only thing that would be convenient is post a link to the package(s)
you're talking about, using footnotes, like this [1]; the TU's are busy,
as I've heard, and it would be inconvenient for them to hunt down link
to every single package. Also, you didn't have to wait so long to email
the maintainer. Regardless, you haven't made any mess; welcome to the
mailing list! ;)

Ike Devolder 09-30-2012 05:29 PM

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 01:23:01PM -0400, Limao Luo wrote:
> Only thing that would be convenient is post a link to the package(s) you're
> talking about, using footnotes, like this [1]; the TU's are busy, as I've
> heard, and it would be inconvenient for them to hunt down link to every
> single package. Also, you didn't have to wait so long to email the
> maintainer. Regardless, you haven't made any mess; welcome to the mailing
> list! ;)

since the current maintainer was mailed on 24th of september we'll wait
till the 8th of october if there is no response from the current
maintainer.

please send a reply on this thread on the 8th of october or when you get
a response from the current maintainer.

--
Ike